This might interest you:
The plat of Elizabethtown was not filed in the Court Records until after the death of Elizabeth Lemert in 1834. A map of Perryton in the 1875 Atlas names Jay H. Brown as the owner of the land between 3rd and 4th Streets and facing Main Street, at the corner of which is the house
Elizabeth built and where her daughter, Minerva Lemert Brown had lived. Minerva m. Wm. S. Brown in 1837, Their daughter Frances Minerva (Fanny)b. 1845 m. John Fletcher Seward in 1867. The following is from The Lemert Family in America, Amy Lemert Hake, 1968, pp. 36-37:
>>William and Minerva Brown lived in her mother's house until Minerva died. Their daughter, Frances (Fanny), had married J. F. (Fletcher) Seward and lived on in the old brick house. Their daughter, Harriet Minerva Seward Schooler, also lived in the old home, and her son, Seward D.Schooler, was the last of Elizabeth [Glascock] Lemert's descendants to be born there. For a number of years after the Schoolers had moved to Frazeysburg the house was occupied by tenant farmers, but in 1926 Dr. William Seward, 3rd son of Fanny Brown Seward, and his wife, Marie, came from the east to occupy the house.<<
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|