We would very much appreciate any information that you can provide about Aquilla Bishop (1791-1839) of Champaign Co. OH, his wives, children, and other descendents.
Aquilla Bishop was born Feb. 1791 in Fauquier Co. VA, the son of James Harvey Bishop and Chloe Lake. He moved to Champaign Co. OH with his parents and was married twice and had several children. He was a veteran of the War of 1812. He died 24 Sep. 1839 in Champaign Co. OH.
Aquilla Bishop married (1st) Susannah Irby Winn on 14 Oct. 1814 in Champaign Co. OH. She was born about 1792 in Fleming Co. KY. She died 28 Sep. 1823 in Champaign Co. OH. Her father was John Winn (b. 31 Dec. 1759 in Amelia Co. VA) and her mother was Myrtila Minor (b. about 1764 in Lunenburg VA.). Aquilla and Susannah Bishop had four children: Jane, John, Myrtilla, and James.
Aquilla Bishop married (2nd) Isabella A. Henshaw on 12 Sep. 1831 in Clark Co. OH. She was born 16 Nov. 1808 in Martinsburg, Berkeley Co. WV. After Aquilla’s death in 1839, Isabella married Mr. Poe. After Mr. Poe’s death, she lived with her daughter Suzanne Lemon until her death 20 Jun. 1901. Aquilla and Isabella Bishop had three children: Suzanne, Mary, and Alban.
Below is the information we have on Aquilla Bishop’s seven children:
1. Jane Winn Bishop was born 14 Jul. 1815 in Champaign Co. OH. She died 22 Mar. 1895 in McLean Co. IL. She was married to Robert Snodgrass Reid (b. ca. 1812) on 19 Dec. 1833 in Pretty Prairie, Champaign Co. OH by Rev Joshua Boucher. Jane and Robert Reid moved to Randolph Township McLean Co. IL between 1870 and 1880.
a. Aquilla J. Reid, born circa 1835 in OH. He was a lawyer in 1860.
b. Matilda J. (Tilla) Reid, born circa 1840 in OH.
c. Emma (Emily) I. Reid, born circa 1842 in OH.
d. John Wesley Reid, born 1844 in OH; died 1927 in IL; married Margaret Elenor Williams (b. 184). Had three children Irby Winn Bishop b. 1873; Sorin Reid; and Homer Reid.
e. Sarah C. Reid, born circa 1846 in OH.
f. Charlotte E. Reid, born circa 1848 in OH. She married Aaron P. Rhodes on 13 Oct. 1880 in McLean Co. IL.
g. William E. Reid, born circa 1850 in OH.
h. Annie E. Reid, born circa 1852 in OH.
i. Eudora (Dora) C. Reid, born circa 1857 in OH.
2. John Winn Bishop was born about 1816 in Champaign Co. OH and died July 1824 in Champaign Co. OH. He is buried in Winn cemetery.
3. Myrtilla Winn Bishop was born 14 Mar. 1819 in Pretty Prairie, Champaign Co. OH and died 12 Nov. 1883 in Randolph Grove, McLean Co. IL. She was interred in the beautiful cemetery, known as the Stewart Cemetery. She married Rev. William Haller in Champaign Co. OH on 18 Jan. 1855. She was his 3rd wife. Rev. Haller was born 5 Aug. 1801 in Mason Co. KY and died 2 Dec. 1880 in Salem, Champaign Co. OH. He is buried in Pioneer Cemetery, Concord OH (79-3-27). His will dated 24 Feb. 1880 was probated on 11 Oct. 1881 in Champaign Co. OH. The couple had one child:
a. William Aquilla Haller, born 27 Jun. 1860 in Champaign Co. OH.
4. James Bishop was born 12 Nov. 1821 in Champaign Co. OH. He seems to have migrated to IL prior to 1846 where he married Mary Jane Thompson (b. Mar. 1827 in OH) on 26 Mar. 1846 in McLean Co. The couple had eight children. Neither James nor his wife Mary can be found after the 1900 Census. When did they die and where are they buried?
a. Chloe Bishop was born circa 1848 in McLean Co. IL.
b. George Bishop was born Nov. 1848 in McLean Co. IL. He is living in Bloomington IL in 1910. When did he die and where is he buried? George married (1st) Susan A. Welch on 7 Mar. 1871 in McLean Co. IL. She was born circa 1851 in IL and died prior to Sep. 1883 in IL. Does anyone have the exact birth and death dates and locations? George and Susan had three sons: James, William, and Alfred. George Bishop Married Basheby G. Hall on 4 Jan. 18883 in McLean Co. IL. She was born Jul. 1858 in IL.
i. James H. Bishop born circa 1874 in IL.
ii. William L. Bishop born 6 May 1876 in IL.
iii. Alfred L. Bishop born 21 Apr. 1878 in IL.
iv. Nellie M. Bishop was born Jun. 1884 in IL.
v. Golden A. Bishop was born Dec. 1885 in IL.
vi. Lynn T. Bishop was born Jul. 1894 in IL.
c. Jane Bishop, born circa 1851 in Randolph Township McLean Co. IL.
d. Arthur A. Bishop was born 10 Apr. 1854 in Randolph Township McLean Co. IL and died 18 Feb. 1926 in Marshall Saline Co. MO. He was buried 21 Feb. 1926 in Ridge Park Cemetery Marshall Saline Co. MO. He married Susan A. Welch on 18 Nov. 1875 in McLean Co. IL.; He married Amelia ??? circa 1889.
i. George W. Bishop, born circa 1877 in IL.
ii. Charles Edward Bishop, born 28 Mar. 1878 in Downs Township McLean Co. IL.
iii. Guy Olie Bishop, born 12 Jan. 1880 in Downs McLean Co. IL.
iv. Mary Bishop, born 20 Dec. 1886 in Downs McLean Co. IL (a twin).
v. James Glenn Bishop, born 20 Dec. 1886 in Downs McLean Co. IL (a twin). Married Amelia R. Buehler 16 Sep. 1890 in McLean Co. IL.
vi. Dorothy K. Bishop, born May 1891 in IL.
vii. Chloe L. Bishop, born Jan. 1893 in IL.
viii. Myrtilla (Lillie) Jane Bishop, born 12 Dec. 1896 in IL; died 15 Jul. 1954; buried Ridge Park Cemetery, Saline Co. MO.
ix. Elisa (or Elise) Bishop, born 6 Feb. 1902 in Randolph McLean Co. IL.
x. Hulda Bishop, born 12 Sep. 1904 in Heyworth McLean Co. IL.
xi. Arthur J. Bishop, born 13 Apr. 1906 in Randolph Township McLean Co. IL.
e. William Bishop, born circa 1856 in Randolph Township McLean Co. IL.
f. James A. Bishop, born in 1860 in Randolph Township McLean Co. IL; Alive and living with wife Mattie in Randolph, McLean IL in 1910.
g. Charles E. Bishop born in 1863 in Randolph Township McLean Co. IL.
h. Ida M. Bishop born in 1871 in Randolph Township McLean Co. IL.
5. Suzanne (Susannah) E. Bishop, born 15 Jul. 1833. (Information from Henshaw history and genealogy manuscript, original by Holmes Hart Henshaw, 1930; updated in 1995 by Donald Craig Henshaw and others.) Married William Lemon on 11 May 1848 in Clark Co. OH. She was a widow living in Bloomington IL in 1898.
6. Mary Isabella Bishop was born circa 1835 and died at the age of 26 on 21 Apr. 1861 in Round Head, Hardin Co. OH. She may have married Robert S. Reid and had one child Sarah C. Reid.
7. Alban Aquilla Bishop was born circa 1839 in Champaign Co. OH. He married (1st) Mary Jane McCoy on 24 Jan. 1861 in Hardin OH. He married (2nd) Adelia Nelson on 13 Sep. 1864 in Kenton, Hardin Co. OH. She was born 22 Mar. 1841 the daughter of James Edward Nelson (b. in NY) and Mary Boughslaugh (b. in OH). Adelia Bishop died on 3 Feb. 1927 in Decatur, Macon Co. IL. Alban A. Bishop enlisted as a 2nd Lt. for 3 years service with Company B of the 118th Regiment Ohio Volunteer Infantry on 12 Jul. 1862. He was promoted to 1st Lt. 2 Dec. 1862. Alban Bishop died in 1905. Alban and Adelia Bishop had the following children:
a. Lulu May Bishop, born 4 Aug. 1865 in Bloomington IL; married Michael Franklin Cunningham 10 Jun. 1891 in Decatur IL; died 10 Oct. 1961 in St. Paul, Ramsey Co. MN; buried 12 Oct. 1961 in Resurrection Cemetery, St. Paul MN.
i. Miriam Cunningham, born 24 July 1892 in Galesburg IL; died 31 Jul. 1892 in Galesburg IL.
ii. Russell Nelson Cunningham, born 16 Oct. 1894 in Peoria IL; married Jane Elizabeth Claire 21 Feb. 1925 in St. Anthony Parish, Missoula MT.
iii. Frances Marin Cunningham, born 7 Oct. 1896 in Peoria IL.
iv. Erminie Cunningham, born 21 Mar. 1899 in Salt Lake City UT; died 5 Apr. 1900.
v. Donald Joy Cunningham, born 21 Mar. 1902 in Salt Lake City UT.
vi. Michael Cunningham, born ?; living in Giloman TX.
b. Guy Harold Bishop was born 11 Jun. 1872 in Bloomington IL. He died 16 Mar. 1926 in Decatur, Macon Co. IL. Did he ever marry or have any children? Where is he buried.
c. Jenny Quigley (or R. ?) Bishop, born 24 May 1877; married to Virgil Crain (b. 25 Feb. 1876 in Bennett, Piatt IL, d. 30 Sep. 1944, son of John S. Crain and Mary E. Clapp) 15 Sep. 1917 in Decatur IL; died Wednesday 4 Jan. 1967 in Macon Co. Hospital, Decatur IL; buried in Atwood Cemetery, Atwood IL.
i. son Crain who preceded Jenny in death.
ii. son Crain who preceded Jenny in death.
iii. Madolyn Crain, born about 1925; married Robert Leake of Decatur IL.
iv. Norville Crain of Florida.
v. Maurice McCord Crain, born in 1906 (believed to be from Virgil’s first marriage); divorced in 1944; may have died in 1960.
d. Adelia Nelson Bishop was born 7 Jan. 1879 in Decatur, Macon Co. IL. She lived in Decatur IL and died there on 1 Apr. 1968.
We would very much appreciate any information that you can provide about Aquilla Bishop (1791-1839) of Champaign Co. OH, his wives, children, and other descendents, etc.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|