It is time again for the annual Blazer Family Reunion being held in Carrollton, Carroll Co., OH on Sunday, June 27, 2004, at 12:30 p.m. The potluck lunch will be held on the hill at Vet's Park where beverages will be provided.
Bazeleel Blazer (1794-1843) and his wife, Jane Burgett (1794-1874), settled in Jefferson Co., OH.
Below is additional information on his children and grandchildren.
1. George Washington Blazer (1817-1853) married Catherine Scarlott and they died in Cedar County, Iowa.
2. Phillip Burgett Blazer (1817-1889) was first married on 15 Mar 1840 in Jefferson Co., OH to Anna Mary Allmon. Phillip and Anna's children are as follows:
2.1 William M. Blazer married Mary Louisa McCausland. Their children married Hoobler's, Pott's, Stoody's, and McCainn's.
One of their sons, Harold ?Harry? Blazer, became a doctor and worked in Colorado, where he was accused of the murder of Hazel Blazer She was aged 32 years old, and since babyhood had been paralyzed, with the mind of an infant, only able to creep around on the floor. Despite this she has been the idol of her father, who gave hours of devoted attention to her.
The trail was conducted at Littleton, Col. After the jury had failed to agree, standing 11 to 1 for acquittal they were dismissed and the court ordered the case against the doctor dismissed. This was an international trial with reporters from London and Paris in additional to all of the major papers at that time.
2.2 James Blazer married Mary Ellen Shepherd. Their two girls married into the Hawk and Coleman families. Mary Ellen next married Jonathan Nihart and seven more children were born and they married into the families of Dixon; Armstrong; McFadden; Wagner; and Rainsberger.
2.3 Silas married Mattie Morrison, and their daughter, Daisy, married Frank Dotts. Some of the annual reunions were held on their farm.
2.4 Mary Ann Blazer married Mathias A. Roudebush and their children married into the Shepherd and Miller families.
2.5 Bazeleel II married Susan Martha McCausland. Their son married into the Beamer family.
2. Next Phillip married Mary Bothwell (1824-1897) on 29 Jun 1854 in Carroll Co., OH and they had eight boys.
2.6 Hamilton married Anna Mary Morehead. Their four children married in the Morehead, Huddleston, and George families.
2.7 Thomas Blazer (1856-1924) married Jessie George. Abrahims and Herron were the surnames of these children?s spoces.
2.8 David Blazer married twice, first to Saline Shepherd, then to Nettie Finefrock. His children married into the families of Roudebush, Stookesberry, Lawrence and Hall. Kate Blazer Hall was the Carroll County nurse and kept track of the Blazer family for many years.
2.9 Joseph Blazer first married Adeline Cameron, and then Margaret Scott. His five children married with the Noble, Shultz, and Scott families.
2.10 Howard Blazer married Nettie McBane and their three children married a Hukill, a Goldsmith, and a Pierson.
2.11 Morris Blazer took Rebecca Burson as his wife. Their children married into the Scarlott, White and Allen families.
2.12 John Blazer married Elizabeth McCray. The children were married to Marshall's, Yeager's, Donaldson's and Ray's.
2.13 George Wilson Blazer went to Colorado and married Alice Gleason, where he was later murdered. It is reported that the editor of the local newspaper was never charged for it.
3. William Thompson Blazer (1819-1890) and his wife, Elizabeth Rabbit are buried in Thompson's Fancy Creek Cemetery in Richland Co., WI.
4. Joseph Blazer (1824-1883) married Mary Ann Anderson and they died in Tama Co., IA and Poweshiek Co., IA.
5. Hamilton Blazer (1825-1883) and his wife, Ruth Ann Rabbitt settled in Jasper Co., IA.
6. Mary Ann Blazer (1826-1900) and Henry Allmon ended up in Columbiana Co., OH.
7. Elizabeth Blazer (1828-1895) and Lemuel Rabbitt farmed in Vernon Co., WI.
8. John (1822-1902) Bazeleel II (1833-1900) and Sarah (1838-1932) Blazer never married and died in Jefferson Co., OH.
As you can see there are many branches on this fruitful family. Several cousins are working together in gathering information on the Blazer descendents, and welcome additional family information.
If you have any questions, please contact Shirley Snively Walter at 330/627-5429 or Liz Stookesberry Myers at 562/760-3027 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|