According to THE CENTENNIAL HISTORY OF BELMONT COUNTY, by McKelvey, William Frizzell and Thomas Miller settled on Section 28, Sewellsville, in 1809. The first settler was Francis Hall, who build a cabin on sect. 29, sometime around 1807. "The village proper is midway between Robinson;s fork and Skull fork of the Stillwater."
The only church in Sewellsville was the Kirkwood MEthodist Episcopal Church, organized in 1818. Previous to the organization, a class meeting was held at the home of Basil Ridgeway, and one of the members of the class was Thomas Frizell. There is no mention of a Rev. Midkiff or a Nathaniel Frizzell.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|