Book "Descendants of Joel Hancock, 1792-1869" by Gladys Hancock Evers has info on page 149: Mary Palestine Hancock married WILLIAM ANDREW SCOTT Dec 3, 1876 in Pike Co., Ga (Bk 1873-1883, p. 197). WILLIAM A. SCOTT was son of JAMES F. SCOTT and HELEN _____. (1860 census Spalding Co.,Ga) and the grandson of JOSEPH SCOTT and LUCINDA MAXCEY m. Sept 15, 1829 in Jasper Co., Ga. (37,000 Early Georgia Marriages, P. 128). (Also Pike Co., Ga. census). Mary Palestine d. Sept. 4, 1898. She is buried in the Frasier Cemetery near MAGNOLIA, ARK. She & W. A. SCOTT had 6 sons and 1 dau listed in book.
There was a WILLIAM SCOTT died 24 April, 1824. (date per one descendant). (Records I found in Monroe Co., Ga court house leads me to think 1825 not 1824.) had a son Darius who is buried at MAGNOLIA, ARK. We have felt that WILLIAM SCOTT (d. 24 April 1824 or 1825 and JOSEPH SCOTT (d Dec. 1817 Morgan Co., Ga.) were probably brothers because members of two families seemed to move to the same areas. BENJAMIN CARTER SCOTT's (son of Joseph Scott) will (recorded Macon Co., Ala record bk. 2, page 302, 303) dated 12 Sept 1844 states the possibility of assets from his 2 deceased brothers in Louisiana. In the 1930s, a granddau. of BENJAMIN CARTER SCOTT who was elderly at the time named 9 children of JOSEPH SCOTT & wife ANN (believe SHARP). She said JOHN HYDE SCOTT and TYREE SCOTT went to Bienville Parish, La. c. 1818. (I think John went before 1812). Bureau of Land Management shows patents in Louisiana for Tyrie Glen Harris Scott in 1843.
Children of JOSEPH SCOTT & Ann (believe SHARP)named by the elderly granddau. of BENJAMIN CARTER SCOTT were:
1. SAMUEL (SHARP) SCOTT (b. c.1785, d. 30 Apr 1878 in Mellow Valley, Clay Co., Ala.,
2. BENJAMIN CARTER SCOTT (b. Feb 1792, d. 17 Sept 1844),
3. JOSEPH SCOTT
4. JOHN HYDE SCOTT believed went to Bienville Parish, La. c. 1818 (I believe m. to Catherine E. Cobb from P.A. in Columbia Co., Ga. courthouse dated in 1812 signed in the Territory of Louisiana and signed by John Scott & wife Catherine E. Scott.)
5. THOMAS SCOTT believed lived in Houston Co., Ga.
6. TYREE SCOTT believed went to Bienville Parish, La
7. JUDY SCOTT (Judith Harris Scott b. 18 July 1802, d. 27 Sept. 1883, buried Eastern Cem. Cuthbert . Ga. m. 25 Dec 1825 to Dr. James Pickard Sharp, Sr., son of Robert Sharp. Info from a hand written & notarized paper with Judith's family information found in Ga. Archives.)
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|