The following information on the children of Elijah Shepard and Elizabeth Adkins comes from pages 1401-1402 of “The History of the Descendents of Elder John Strong of Northampton, Mass.” By Benjamin W. Dwight (Gateway Press, Baltimore, 1984).
1. Betsey Shepard married Amodeus Stilson of Augusta, Oneida County, New York. Amodeus was born on 28 Aug 1779 and died on 12 Nov 1862.
2. Elijah Shepard was a lumber merchant at Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin, and his wife was named Ann. They had three children: Riley (who lived in Fond Du Lac), Madison, and Joseph (who was General Superintendent of Express companies in Chicago).
3. Luther Shepard (NFI).
4. Rachel Shepard married Elder Mores of Augusta (Methodist). [HWM Note: This is my line, but please also include my brother John Maynard on relevant messages; he is at the following e-mail: **firstname.lastname@example.org**
5. Jonathan Shepard was a farmer at Augusta and a district school teacher.
6. Rev. David Adkins Shepard (Methodist) who settled at various places, including Utica and Reine, New York.
7. Hon. Riley Shepard was a farmer in Augusta and a Democratic member of the New York legislature.
8. Joseph Shepard married Phebe Avery. He worked as a shoemaker in Whitewater, Wisconsin. [HWM Note: Phebe may have been surnamed Raymond; this line goes down to Gail Wheaton]
9. Hinsdale Shepard (NFI). [HWM Note: email@example.com says his middle name was Truman, that he was born in 1817 in Augusta, and that he moved to Fond du Lac WI, married Roxey Griswold, and died in Yreka, CA]
[Note by Harold Ward Maynard: I have further information on Shepards in the vicinity of Augusta, Oneida County, NY, including info on Elijah, Riley, and David Shepard, as listed above. Cheers, Ward]
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|