Searching for the parents of Stephen and Alexander Brooks born ca. 1770 in Ct., moved to
Steuben, Oneida Co., NY. and also parents of Evan Davis, probably of Oneida Co., removed to Middletown, Middlesex Co., Ct prior to 1840.
I have a lot of Sperry information, but am very stuck on the Brooks and Davis lines. Any connections or look-up volunteers? I would be most greatful...
1. Unknown Brooks married? in CT?
2. Stephen Brooks, Sr. b. abt 1765 in Ct. Said to be original settler of Steuben. (My 5G grandfather)
married Rachel Sperry in 1790 at Steuben, Oneida Co., NY
3. Stephen Brooks, Jr. b. 1791, Steuben, NY. Said to be first white child born in Steuben. Served in war of 1812.
Married Sarah Crowell in Middletown, CT? Eventually removed to Middletown, Middlesex Co., Ct.
4. Rachel Sperry Brooks Married Evan Davis (of Middletown, CT or Steuben, NY?)
5. Stephen Brooks Davis b. 1839 in Middletown, served in Civil War under Sherman. Became Judge in Ct.
Married Harriet Southmayd Woodward
6. Stephen Brooks Davis, Jr. born in Middletown, removed to New Mexico, became Supreme Court Judge
married Mary Rice La Rue in NM.
3. Merritt Munson Brooks b. 25 March, 1797, moved to Rome, NY
4. M. Sperry Brooks b. 6/1843 in Steuben d. 29 Oct., 1865 NYC
2. Alexander Brooks b abt. 1770, moved to Steuben, NY w/ brother Stephen
SPERRY (Ancestors of Rachel Sperry above)
1. Nathaniel Sperry of Ct.
married Sarah Dickerman
2. Joshua Sperry of Woodbridge, Ct.
French and Indian War, Capt. James Peck's 7th Company, Col. Elizur Goodrich's 2nd Ct. Colonial Rgmt
Married Amy Munson
3. Caleb Sperry (3/10/1727 - 3/1799) of Woodbridge, Ct.
American Revolution, private in Capt. Samuel Peck's company,Wadsworth's brigade, in the New York campaign, 1776.
Married Mary Downs, 12/22/1748 at Fairhaven Church, Woodbridge, Ct.
4. Rachel Sperry (My 5G Grandmother)
married Stephen Brooks, Steuben, Onieda Co., NY
4. Mercy Sperry
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|