Can anyone tell me if there are any sources in existence for early Madison Co. marriage records? I am searching for the maiden name of my great great grandmother Rebecca who married Rufus Lackey about 1820-22.
Rufus is enumerated in his father's household (Jonathan Lackey) in Brookfield in the 1820 census. Rufus and Rebecca's first child, Philina Lackey, was born abt. 1821-22 in Brookfield. According to a later census, Rebecca was born in VT, her father in RI and her mother also VT.
In 1830 the Rufus Lackey family was in Oswego Co., NY.
1840 in Erie Co., PA
Mid-1850's in WI
Late-1850's in Mitchell Co., IA where Rufus died in 1859. Rebecca didn't remarry, staying near her children in IA for about 20 years, and then died at an advanced age in 1886 in Clark Co., SD where she had a land patent near her son Alexander.
Rufus and Rebecca's children were:
1. Philinda who married Reuben Green St. John
2. Mary A. "Polly" who married Asahel Wilmot and Mason Tucker
3. Alexander who married Lucy Catherine Russell
4. Elias Nelson who married Minerva Jane Carr (my ancestors)
5. Sarah Roxanna "Sally" who married Lemuel Loomis
6. Lucy Delight who married Edson Greeley
Thus far, no records have revealed Rebecca's family and finding a marriage record may be my last hope!
Thank you to anyone who can offer any suggestions.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|