NUNNELEE, NUNLEY, MORGAN, HANDLEY, HELMS, FOWLER, PRIDE, MERRITT, WARD, ALTOM, MALONE, TEEMS, THWEATT, PARHAM, MURPHY
Stephen Franklin NUNNELEE born 24 Jul 1825 Dallas Co AL - died 1908 Mobile Co AL was the son of Howell NUNNELEE and Malinda Amanda [MORGAN].
In his autobiography, Stephen identified his NUNNELEE siblings as William, Alvan, Amanda, and his twin Mary Ann Morgan.
In my 1st query 26 Jan 2007 to which I am replying now, I listed the 1860 transcribed census for Alvan (Absalom) NUNNELEE. This transcription shows his again widowed mother, Malinda HANDLEY, living with him: Malinda's 2nd husband, William F. HANDLEY, died 1853-54 in DeSoto Parish LA.
Living with Absalom (Alvan) in 1850 is his sister Amanda [Nunnelee] HELMS and her 2 chn; I do not know yet if Amanda was still married or a widow or where she went after this census.....
1850 Monroe Co MS/Western Div/HH 467-467/pg 96a
(21 Nov 1850)
NUNLEY, Absalum /HH/wm age 30 born Alabama $4500
Nunley, Mary A /wf age 27 born Al
Nunley, James M /wm age 07 born Ms
Nunley, Mary A /wf age 02 born Ms
HELMS, Amanda /wf age 27 born Al
HELMS, William /wm age 12 born Al
HELMS, Sarah M /wf age 03 born Al
GIBSON, Sarah /wf age 48 born Tn/$1400 (Angeline's mother? are her other chn next door in HH 468?)
When Lee Co MS was created, Chesterville fell within its boundaries and that is where Alvan Absalom is found in 1870 and 1880.
1870 Lee Co MS/Dist 3/Chesterville/HH 200-200/pg 452a
NUNNELEE, Ab /HH/wm age 51 Alabama
Nunnelee, Mary A /wf age 48 Al
Nunnelee, Alice /wf age 19 Ms
Nunnelee, Willis /wm age 14 Ms
Nunnelee, Joseph /wm age 12 Ms
Nunnelee, Lillie /wf age 08 Ms
Nunnelee, Oscar /wm age 04 Ms
1880 Lee Co MS/Twp 9 Rng 5/HH 111-116/pg 83b
(09 Jun 1880)
NUNLEY, Alvin /HH/wm age 61 AL/Ga/Ga
Nunley, Angelene /wife/wf age 58 AL/GA/Ga
Nunley, Lilly /dtr/wf age 16 MS/Al/Al + single
Nunley, Oscar /son/wm age 12 MS/Al/Al
Alvan Absolam and Mary Angelene had 7 chn:
(1) James McC married Mary Eliza PRIDE
(2) Mary Angelene Belle married William B. MERRITT
(3) Alice M. married Kenny Clark WARD
(4) Willis H. 1m Ada WARD 2m Doza FOWLER
(5) Joseph T. was still single as of 18 Jun 1880
(6) Lillian L. married John ALTOM
(7) Oscar T. married Ida WARD
Kenny, Ada and Ida were born in MS and were the chn of Mrs Martha J. [unk] WARD. In 1870 the 3 siblings were found living in Lee Co MS with their mother and her 2nd husband C.H. MALONE who married 28 Dec 1865 in Pontotoc Co MS.
abt Alvan Absolam NUNNELEE'S 4 siblings:
(1) William born abt 1819 - have not found him yet
(2) Stephen Franklin (twin) married Mary Amanda [MURPHY]
(3) Mary Ann Morgan [Nunnelee] (twin) 1m Joseph W. TEEMS, 2m Isham Reeves THWEATT, 3m John B. PARHAM. She died in Caddo Parish LA
(4) Amanda [Nunnelee] born abt 1823 AL married a Mr HELMS in the 1840's probably in Alabama as that is where the chn were born (note: I do not know if both William and Sarah were her chn as there is 9 years difference in their ages and William might be a step-son.... no proof as yet.
This is all I know about Alvan and Mary Angelene at this time..... if anyone has information on this NUNNELEE family I will happily share information with you !!!
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|