W. H. Nordman was granted 640 acres in Cooke Co., TX during the 1880's; he or members of his family paid taxes for 1882-1889. He was also granted 536 acres in 1890, also in Cooke Co. In 1887, William Henry and Mary Caroline sold their half interest in 640 acres (22 miles NW of Gainesville and bordered by Red River on the north) to Wila Cox (could be related to daughter Laura Cox's husband family?). Does anyone know if the Nordman family came to TX from Ohio with some of the German Catholics that settled Muenster, TX?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|