Nolte Family Genealogy Forum
My wife's ggrandfather- George Carl Nolte arrived in America in 1855 at the age of 20 & settled at Round Top, TX in Austin County near Bellville and married a Reineke. We don't know if any family members from Germany traveled with him, but seldom did one come alone. He didn't have a brother named Thomas unless it was a middle name. His brothers were named Christian and Franz. There isn't any Thomas in our linage charts. However, maybe a cousin traveled with George Carl. His uncles names were George, Franz, Wilhelm, and Gottfried. We know Gottfried died in Germany and they were all born in Oberkaufungen, Germany. We don't know their childrens' names. This would require further investigation in Germany.
We don't have any idea if you are related to this group of Nolte's, but the county and general time coincides. My wifes relatives traced George Carl through records at the Austin County Court House in Bellville, Tx. You may find information there.
My wife's relatives have traced the Nolte Clan back to the 1750's in Germany and have this information and we will pass it to you if you can discover a relationship.
- Re: Thomas Nolte & wife, Mary Floyd, in Tx. Rebecca Nolte 9/27/01
- Re: Thomas Nolte & wife, Mary Floyd, in Tx. Dolyne Stevens 6/18/01
- Re: Thomas Nolte & wife, Mary Floyd, in Tx. Bill Nolte 5/14/01
- Re: Thomas Nolte & wife, Mary Floyd, in Tx. Sam Nolte @ Ora Voisin 6/21/00
- Re: Thomas Nolte & wife, Mary Floyd, in Tx. Dolyne Stevens 9/25/99