States: New Jersey: Warren
Easton Express-12-10-21 p.8
Washington Woman Dies From Gas Fumes
Mrs.Mary DeReamer,of Washington,was found dead last night in her room as the result of inhaling gas fumes.She had been dead since Thursday night.Mrs.DeReamer had returned on Thursday night from Newark where she had been visiting her daughter and when the cock which led to the gas stove in the room was found partially opened it led to the belief that she had,on her arrival,found her room cold and had lit the gas stove.When the room was warm she had apparently turned the gas off being weary from her journey,had laid down on the couch on which she was found,not knowing that she had failed to turn the cock completely shut.The cock is loose and it was found that a slight gas pressure would force it open unless entirely closed.Mrs.DeReamer kept a rooming house on Jackson street,and she was found by one of the roomers.She is survived by two children.Irving of Glen Gardner:and Miss.Evelyn DeReamer of Newark;and two sisters,Mrs.William DeReamer,and Mrs.Calvin DeReamer,of Scranton.She was a member of the Baptist Church and of the ladies Aid Society of that church.
Notify Administrator about this message?