Al, just a follow-up to my query regarding the possible existence of New Bermuda, NJ.
I should have been inquiring about New Barbadoes!!! I can't believe I typed the wrong "island"...... (Though I can almost 'swear' that he wrote New Bermuda....we had been looking at folks coming from both places....)
Anyway, there were Sanfords who settled there:
1. Captain William Sandford married, second, 27 March 1667 Sarah Whartman. Capt. Sandford came to East Jersey from Barbadoes about 1688, obtaining a grant of land between the Passaic and Hackensack jointly for himself and Major Nathaniel Kingsland. William Sandford retained the lower third of the grant for himself and settled on the banks of the Passaic. Capt. William Sandford died about 1692.
The children of William and Sarah (Whartman) Sandford were:
1. Katherine Sandford, married Johannes van Inburge, died about 1745 at New Barbadoes, New Jersey.
2. Peregrine Sandford
3. William Sandford, married 1 February 1696 Mary Smith, died about 1733 at New Barbadoes, N.J.
4. Grace Sandford, married Barne Cosens.
5. Elizabeth Sandford, married James Davies.
6. Nedemia Sandford, married Richard Berry, son of Major John and Francina Berry.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|