Here is what I have on the Nighswonger family.
Would love to compare and research to find the correct answers.
Descendants of John Neuenschwanger
Generation No. 1
1. JOHN2 NEUENSCHWANGER (VON WOLFGANG1 NEUENSCHWANDGER) was born Abt. 1670.
Child of JOHN NEUENSCHWANGER is:
2. i. CHRISTIAN3 NEISWANGER, b. 1703; d. February 22, 1737/38, Winchester, Virginia.
Generation No. 2
2. CHRISTIAN3 NEISWANGER (JOHN2 NEUENSCHWANGER, VON WOLFGANG1 NEUENSCHWANDGER) was born 1703, and died February 22, 1737/38 in Winchester, Virginia. He married MARIA MAGDALENE HERR. She was born Abt. 1703 in Southwestern Germany, and died 1792 in Winchester, Virginia Frederick Co.
Child of CHRISTIAN NEISWANGER and MARIA HERR is:
3. i. JOHN JACOB4 NICEWANGER, b. Colebrooksdale, Pennsylvania, Lancaster Co; d. December 01, 1788, Frederick Co, Virginia.
Generation No. 3
3. JOHN JACOB4 NICEWANGER (CHRISTIAN3 NEISWANGER, JOHN2 NEUENSCHWANGER, VON WOLFGANG1 NEUENSCHWANDGER) was born in Colebrooksdale, Pennsylvania, Lancaster Co, and died December 01, 1788 in Frederick Co, Virginia. He married MARY MAGDELENA COOPER.
Child of JOHN NICEWANGER and MARY COOPER is:
4. i. PETER5 NIGHSWONGER, b. 1759, Scotland.
Generation No. 4
4. PETER5 NIGHSWONGER (JOHN JACOB4 NICEWANGER, CHRISTIAN3 NEISWANGER, JOHN2 NEUENSCHWANGER, VON WOLFGANG1 NEUENSCHWANDGER) was born 1759 in Scotland. He married JANE KERR, daughter of MATTHEW KERR and MARGARET. She was born 1764 in Ireland.
Notes for JANE KERR:
Jane and her husband Peter, who is the second cousin to Susanna Neiswonger, lived in block house #4 of Campius Martius during the Indian War.
In a book written by James Manford Kerr "Notes on the life of Hamilton Kerr"
Jame was married, on Wheeling Creek, near Fort Henry, to Peter Nygshwanger, a son of Colonel Nygshwanger.
Peter Nygshwanger lated removed with Matthew Kerr and family to the Muskingum, where he became one of the band of Rangers and Scounts. He was attached to the Fort Harmar district, and had his "range" on the west side of the Muskingum river. For a time he resided in Fort Harmar with his family, but later removed his family across the Muskingum and resided in Block House No. 4, at "The point" He was subsequently killed by the Indians. At the time of his death, Jane and he had a family of three children.
Child of PETER NIGHSWONGER and JANE KERR is:
i. REISEN6 NIGHSWONGER, b. Abt. 1792; d. January 03, 1870, Illinois; m. SUSANNAH BUFFINGTON, 1811, Virginia; b. 1794, Hampshire County, West Virginia; d. March 09, Sparland Illinois.
Notes for SUSANNAH BUFFINGTON:
1850 Census Pike County Illinois.
Susanna Nighswonger is family #259 age 56 and living with her is Mary A. Ford age 19 and Susan F. Ford age 1.
Assuming that Mary and Susan are mother and daughter.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|