Here's what I have for Benjamin and Elizabeth (Roberts) Heard. I have received messages over the years from a couple of other people who are descended from Anne and will try to dig those out. Mail me directly for those. Hope this helps:
Elizabeth2 (Thomas1) Roberts
Elizabeth Roberts was born about 1643 in Dover, NH, the daughter of Thomas and Rebecca (Hilton ?) Roberts. She died before May 1690. She married Benjamin Heard of Cochecho about 1670. He was born in York, ME on February 29, 1643/44, the son of John and Elizabeth (Hull) Heard, and died in Salisbury, MA on January 22, 1710. He married, second, Ruth Eastman on May 26, 1690 in Salisbury, MA.
Benjamin took the “oath of fidelity” at the Dover town meeting on June 21, 1669. He received the forty acres of land upon which he was living under the will of his father in 1687. He was a cordwainer. He was listed on the tax rolls at Dover Neck in 1675. He was a grand juror in 1675 and 1689 and a constable in 1695 and 1696. Benjamin and Elizabeth had:
i. Benjamin Heard, born 1673; died unmarried on February 10, 1697 of “malignant fever.”
ii. Lydia Heard, born 1674. She married, first, Jonathan Norris in June 1696. He was the son of Nicholas and Sarah (Cox) Norris and died in 1718. He lived in Exeter and Stratham. She married, second, Joseph Rollins. He was born on May 6, 1674 and died on January 20, 1749. He had several children by his first wife. Lydia and Jonathan had:
1. Benjamin Norris, born in Stratham; died November 11, 1764. He married Mehitable Stevens on December 14, 1727 in Stratham. She was born in Stratham on December 21, 1709, the daughter of Nathaniel and Sarah (Tolson) Stevens. They lived in Stratham.
2. Jonathan Norris, died 1769. He married Sarah Cram. He was a joiner in Epping, NH.
3. James Norris. He married Joanna Chase. He was a cordwainer in Stratham, Chester and Epping, NH.
4. Sarah Norris. She married Joseph Robinson. He was born on May 1, 1690, the son of Jonathan Robinson. They were both living in Exeter in 1756.
5. Joanna Norris, died before July 2, 1734. She married Israel Folsom before 1718. He was the son of Nathaniel Folsom. He married, second, Sarah Durgin.
6. Lydia Norris. She married Jeremiah Robinson before 1732.
7. Abigail Norris. She married Joseph Prescott before 1733.
8. Mary Norris. She married, first, Timothy Hilliard on November 16, 1738. She married, second, Walter Williams on November 3, 1747.
iii. Anna Heard, born 1675. She was captured by Indians on a visit to York on January 25, 1692. She was later returned. She married Sebastian Cholet on October 19, 1705. They had eight children.
iv. Rebecca Heard, born 1678. She married Thomas Gordon after April 10, 1709. He was born in 1678, the son of Alexander and Mary (Lissen) Gordon. It was his second marriage. They had five children.
v. James Heard, born 1680; died 1748. He married Deborah ----- who predeceased him. They and their three eldest children were baptized in Dover on September 28, 1718. James and Deborah joined the church in Dover on August 11, 1728. James was elected a constable in Dover in 1713 and refused to serve, for which he paid a fine of five pounds. They had:
1. Benjamin Heard, born August 2, 1715. He married Mary -----.
2. Deborah Heard
3. Mary Heard, born September 1717 in Dover; died August 21, 1783. She married William Twombly. He was born on July 25, 1717, the son of William and Mary Twombly, and died on September 20, 1779. They lived in Madbury.
4. Lydia Heard, born February 1720 in Dover. She married Paul Hartford about 1740. He was born in Dover on January 24, 1717, the son of Nicholas and Elizabeth Hartford, and died in April 1751.
5. Phebe Heard, born December 13, 1722 in Dover
6. James Heard, born May 6, 1725 in Dover
7. Hannah Heard, bapt. June 14, 1730 in Dover. She married Thomas Peirce. He was born on May 15, 1727, the son of Benjamin and Hannah Peirce. Hannah died before 1776, when Thomas married Keziah (Heard) Wentworth of Dover.
vi. Sarah Heard. She married Simon French of Kingston, NH on November 24, 1709. They had children born between 1711 and 1719. She joined the church at Kingston on May 25, 1729.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|