I did some looking for you and found some information. I found the following Moody's with Rev. war entries in my material, they are listed as follows;
Abner, Captain, Clement, Daniel, Edward, Flisha, James, John, Rev. Joshua, Joshua, Levi, Samuel & Thomas. (note, the entry for Captain does not list a fist name)
I do not know if these are the men you are looking for, but here is what I found on Clement;
1. Clement Moody placed on pension rolls on Oct. 10, 1818 due $96.00 residing in Grafton Co. NH for sevice in Mass. Cont. Line
2. A Clement Moodey (sic) was listed as on the French war rolls for 2 weeks service on a scouting party formed under the command of Capt. James Davis in 1712. Clement came from Capt. Nich Gilman's company.
3. Private Clemment Moody (sic) was on a payroll list of Capt. Henry Dearborn's Company under Col. John Stark's Regement Aug. 1, 1775. It was noted that the men were from Nottingham, Deerfield, Chichester, Epsom, Exeter & Barrington.
4. On Oct. 17, 1775, Private Clement Moody made his mark for receiving $4.00 for satisfaction for regimental coat which was promised to him by the colony of NH while in Capt. Dearborn's company.
5. On Nov. 22, 1775 Private Clement Mudy (sic) was mustered by Joseph Cilley in Portsmouth, NH for service in Capt. Stephen Clark's Company. This company went on to go to Winter Hill.
This was all I found for military records on Clement Moody. I hope this helps and is your Clement. I threw the French war in there just in case he was related? I did not look at the Captain Moody stuff as there is no first name to tell which Moody he was. I will look up James and John next and post later. I will later look up some probate info I might have on a Clement Moody, but I think he will be earlier then the one you are seeking. Perhaps a father or grandfather in Exeter?
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|