When you intend to live in the Netherlands longer than 3 months, immigrants who are not citizens of the EU, Switzerland, Turkey, or the European Economic Area countries have to learn Dutch and pass an integration exam before you can apply for a resident visa. A resident visa for the Netherlands is called an MVV Visa. The examination is about the basic knowledge of the Dutch language and the Dutch society and is called the Civic Integration Examination.
What is the civic integration examination?
It is a test that an applicant must take at the Dutch embassy or consulate in his/her country of residence before applying for a MVV visa. The civic integration examination is a test given in the Dutch language. Candidates will be tested on their knowledge of Dutch society and their command of the Dutch language. Anyone who prepares properly should be able to pass the examination.The examinations are administered at the Dutch Embassy in your home country. The examination consists of two parts.
Part 1 - Dutch Language - Listening and reading
This part of the examination tests the applicants knowledge of the Dutch language. They will judge the candidates on their pronunciation, fluency, sentence structure and vocabulary. In this part of the examination the candidate will have to:
* Sentence Repetition – the candidate hears a sentence in Dutch and has to repeat it word for word.
* Short Answers – the candidate has to give short answer to simple questions.
* Word Opposites (Antonyms) – the candidate hears a word and gives the opposite word.
* Story Repetition – the candidate will hear a short story and has to retell it.
Part 2 - Simple reading and understanding Dutch
This part of the examination tests the candidates level of reading in Dutch. Candidiates have to read simple sentences and answer simple questions.
* Reading out loud short sentences and stories using text displayed.
* Reading short sentences and stories using text displayed and answer questions
* Reading short sentences and complete the sentence by giving missing words
* Reading stories using text displayed and answer questions
Part 3 - Knowledge of Dutch Society
This part of the examination tests the candidates level of knowledge of Dutch society. Candidiates are shown a picture book which contains 100 images from the film "Naar Nederland". There is a question about each photograph. Part 2 of the examination consists of 2 sample questions and 30 questions from the picture book.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|