Fletcher ,Washington Co. NE., in Herman Twp, named for early settler, Foxwell Fletcher, civil war veteran, he homesteaded there in 1867, built a store in March 1883 and was appointed Postmaster till Aug of 1893. In 1900 the P.O.Dept. combined many small offices and in January 1901 the mail was sent throught Herman. By 1914 the store was run by the Rogert Bros. and was closed in the 1930s.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|