I am looking for anyone who has information on the Thorson Family in Boone, Iowa or Omaha, Nebraska.
My Great, Great Grandmother was Annie Thorson and her mother was Kjersti Thorson. Originally Kjersti Thorson's name was Kejersti Terkelsdotter but her name was changed when she came over to the US in 1881. I have found the family census records in Sweden.
Kjersti (Christine) Thorson (Terkelsdotter)b. 1828 in Sweden d. 1918 in Omaha, Nebraska - had 10 children in total. She married Anders Nilsson in Sweden. Anders died in 1875 and in 1881 she and some of her children emigrated to the U.S. Kjersti (Christine) went first to Boone, Iowa where her brother, Nils (Nels) Thorson lived. In 1910 she was living with her Daugther Elna Thorson who married a John A. Swanson.
The Children of Kjersti (Christine) Thorson (Terkelsdotter) are as follows:
1. Nils - b. 1849 Sweden
2. Bengta - b. 1851 Sweden
3. Torkel - b. 1854 Sweden
4. Anna - b. 1857 Sweden (Married John F. Ehrenberg moved to Chicago)
5. Anders (Andrew) - b. 1859 Sweden (Anders and Pehr are twins)
6. Pehr (Peter) - b. 1859 Sweden (Married Emma Anderson lived in Boone, Iowa)
7. Sven - b. 1862 Sweden
8. Hannah b. 1865 Swede (Married Carl J. Peelstrom lived in Iowa)
9. Elna (Ella) - b. 1869 Sweden (Married John A Swanson lived in Omaha, Nebraska)
10. Kjersti (Christine) - b. 1871 Sweden (Married Daniel E Moon lived in Iowa
I have found the family in Sweden and am currently tracing the family back further. I would like to connect with anyone who has any information about this family.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|