I would like to know more about the ancestry and family of Benjamin Harrison Kellar who lived in Noble County, Ohio in 1842.
JOHN FRANCIS KELLAR who was born 10 August 1842 in Noble County, Ohio, son of Benjamin Harrison and Catherine Ann (Miller) Kellar. Benjamin Harrison Kellar was born 5 April 1814; married 12 March 1840; and died 17 February 1880. Catherine Ann Miller was born 9 February 1822 and died 24 December 1877.
John had married first 23 May 1867 to LOIS P. KRAPS (b. 10 July 1849-d. 23 November 1873). They moved to Crookston, Nebraska about 1904. They bought a ranch two miles east of Crookston and about ten miles west of Valentine, Nebraska. They added acreage by homesteading and purchasing additional land until they owned over five thousand acres. John married 2nd 4 April 1878 Matilda Jane SAYRE who was born 15 May 1855 to Enoch and Elizabeth (Felton) Sayre. John Francis Kellar died 25 April 1925. Matilda Jane died 28 November 1928. Matilda and John Kellar were buried in the Linn Grove Cemetery, Prole, Iowa. Although the property was still owned by some of the family in 1984 and was for sale. Children of John Francis and Lois (Kraps) Kellar:
1. CARRIE KELLAR married FRED M. BACKON.
2. JESSIE KELLAR, twin, married WILLIE GAYLORD SMITH.
3. JENNIE KELLAR, twin, married MARTIN C. FORBES.
4. JAMES HARRISON KELLAR (1872-1873).
5. FRANK MILES KELLAR (1873-1874).
6. VENIA MERIE KELLAR, b. 18 March 1880, Prole, Iowa; associated with Maryland University in the Home Economics and Extension Service for 30 years. She died 13 October 1958, Washington, D.C. Unmarried.
7. ENOCH MONROE KELLAR married BEDA TURNQUIST.
8. JOHN MAJOR KELLAR, b. 4 November 1888; d. 28 September 1914, killed in an accident.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|