Below is what I have on the ancestors of Lovasca Bradford. There is also a marriage record in Yancey: Lovesea Bradford, 19 married M. B. Honeycutt on May 30, 1899. States she was daughter of C. R. Bradford & Sarah Bradford. I have been unable to find Lovasca or M. B. Honeycutt on the 1900 census. I would assume that this marriage did not last long. So far I haven't found your David D. Miller.
1. Lovasky BRADFORD was born in March 1880 in Yancey County, North Carolina. 1880 census, Lovasky is age 3 months, born in March.
2. Cornelius "Neeley" R. BRADFORD was born in September 1849 in Yancey County, North Carolina. He died on November 3, 1934 in Yancey County, North Carolina. 1860 census, Neeley is age 6.
1870 census, Cornelius is age 18, at home.
Yancey County marriage records; C. R. Bradford, 22 married Sarah Woodby, 18 on Jan 18, 1877.
1900 Yancey census, Ramseytown # 197, Cornelius R. Bradford is age 50, born Sept 1849 in NC as were his parents. He has been married to Sary A. for 25 years.
Yancey county death index: C. R. Bradford died Nov. 3, 1934. States that he is son of Sam Bradford & (blank). He was married to Sarah WOODBY on January 18, 1877 in Yancey County, North Carolina.
3. Sarah WOODBY was born in May 1857 in Tennessee. 1880 census, Sarah Bradford is age 23, wife of Cornelias Bradford. She was born in Tenn. Her father was born in Tenn. Her mother was born in NC.
1900 Yancey census, Sary A. Bradford is age 43, born May 1857 in NC. Her parents were born in Tenn.. She has been married to Cornelius R. Bradford for 25 years and has 10 children, all living.
4. Samuel BRADFORD was born about 1814 in North Carolina. He died Spring 1866 in Yancey County, North Carolina. 1850 census Yancey County # 1291, Samuel is age 36.
1860 census, Yancey, Egypt # 799, Samuel is age 51.
P’s & Q’s Spring 1866 It appears to the court that Samuel Bradford is dead with no will and testament. Ervin Bradford and J. W. Peek appointed administrators. Committee to lay off provision for the family and widow.
Settlement Book 1, November 1866 Laid off dower to widow Elizabeth Bradford, widow of Samuel Bradford, lands on Big Ball Mountain Creek.
He was married to Elizabeth PATE about 1834.
5. Elizabeth PATE was born about 1815 in North Carolina. 1850 census, Elizabeth is age 35.
1860 census, Elizabeth is age 47.
1870 Yancey census, Egypt # 68, Elizabeth Bradford is age 54, head of household.
6. James Lloyd WOODBY was born about 1821 in Tennessee. 1880 Yancey census, Jacks Creek # 108, James Woodby is age 59, born in Tenn. His father was born in Tenn., his mother in NC.
1880 Yancey County Expanded census (transcribed) shows that James Lloyd Woodby married Susannah Honeycutt. There is no date and I do not know the source of this marriage.
Unless otherwise stated, info for this family is from "Heritage of the Toe River Valley", Vol. 1 article 718. He was married to Susannah HONEYCUTT about 1849 in Carter County, Tennessee.
7. Susannah HONEYCUTT was born about 1837 in North Carolina. 1880 Yancey census, Susan Woodby is age 43, born in NC as were her parents.
12. Eppy WOODBY was born between 1780 and 1790 in Tennessee. He was married to Martha (WOODBY) before 1820.
13. Martha (WOODBY).
14. Jacob HONEYCUTT was born about 1789. He was married to Susannah BYRD unknown.
15. Susannah BYRD.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|