Thanks for posting this and what I have to tell you may interest you as well.
My William L. Rogers born 1770 Montgomery Co. NC moved to Carroll Co. TN in 1823. We have just done the DNA on his line of ROGERS and it turned out we have a DNA match with the JOHN ROGERS b. 1617 England/ Wales who arrived in 1635 aboard ship "George" to JAMES CITY CO. VA ( JAMESTOWN ). John Rogers was the one in the House of Burgess and later lived in Surry Co. VA where he fought in the BACON REBELLIONS with the ROWLAND. The ROWLANDS are in both our ROGERS and the BELLERS ( my husband lines ). Though not a direct line of mine, the ROWLANDS and ROGERS are my cousins direct line.
We know that my GGG GRANDPARENTS WILLIAM L. ROGERS and wife NANCY had a daughter ALSEY ( or ELSIE ) ROGERS who married a NATHANIEL EDWARDS who was born abt. 1801 NC and they married about 1825. ALSEY ROGERS EDWARDS is listed on the 1870 Carroll Co. TN Census in Dist. 17, as ELSIE EDWARDS with her children remaining at home.
The many ROGERS DNA MATCHES to our WILLIAM L. ROGERS is pointing towards ROGERS families in VA/ NC/ SC/ GA / TN and elsewhere. So far we cannot find our common ancestor to know just how we all connect to the earlier JOHN ROGERS b. 1617 England or Wales who came into Jamestown in 1635 with his brother THOMAS ROGERS. So far no one has found any information on THOMAS ROGERS so we can't say that we aren't in his line but we suspect that we do connect to them both somehow as our markers are such a good match.
Our closer DNA MATCHES seem to be in Madison Co. AR. by way of TN as well as some in MISSOURI and KENTUCKY. It remains a mystery but one thing is clear, we suspect that these families of ours had migrated together for sometime. The ROGERS all had similar naming patterns of WILLIAM, JAMES, JOHN, NANCY, PURITY, BASIL, GREEN BERRY, MARTHA, and etc. We just aren't sure what it all means, but many of us are trying to sort out the ROGERS in NC to see which area of NC migrated then down to SC, as so many SC ROGERS Groups also match our DNA. I suspect that the ANSON CO. NC Deed of a JAMES ROGERS who sold his DOBBS CO. NC Land to a MAJ. CROOM of that DOBBS CO. NC may be my GGGGG GRANDFATHER JAMES ROGERS, Sr. of ANSON CO. If so the ROGERS group he was probably from is from the old DOBBS CO. NC, which then changed it's name to a different county.
Here are our recent best DNA MATCHES to our WILLIAM L. ROGERS line :
1. WILLIAM N. ROGERS at 79.1% in 12th GEN calculated in all GENERATIONS; and 89.9% in 16th GEN. calculated in all GENERATIONS, with a Distance of 1 out of 25 DNA MARKERS. William N. Rogers is out of the line of EVERETT ROGERS b. 1770 Pitt Co. NC who d. bet. 1850-1860 in Smith Co. TX.
2. JIMMY MONROE ROGERS at 79.1% in 12th GEN. calculated in all GENERATIONS and 89.9% in 16th GEN. calculated in all GENERATIONS with a DISTANCE of 1 out of 25 DNA MARKERS. Jimmy Monroe Rogers is out of the line of REUBEN WILSON ROGERS b. abt. 1813 TN who d. abt. 1890 in Madison Co. AR. He had wife ELIZABETH DRAKE.
3. FRANCESCA SHAW at 77.85% in 12th GEN. calculated in all GENERATIONS and 89.03% in 16th GEN. calculated in all GENERATIONS with a DISTANCE of 1 out of 25 DNA MARKERS. Francesca Shaw is out of the line of WILLIAM JACKSON ROGERS b. abt. 1822 TN who lived in MO and had wife MARY ANN McCLAIN.
4. GERALDINE ROGERS LEE and her brother are 77.6% in 12th GEN. calculated in all GENERATIONS and 88.85% calculated in all GENERATIONS with DIstance of 1 out of 25 DNA MARKERS. Geraldine Rogers Lee and her brother and others who matched us in this line are out of JOHN ROGERS b. 1617 ENGLAND / WALES who arrived on ship GEORGE in 1635 at JAMES CITY CO. VA and served in the HOUSE Of BURGESS and fought in the BACONS REBELLION. Later on he lived in Surry Co. VA. His many descendants who have DNA TEST RESULTS also matched us.
5. RANDY J. ROGERS is 75.65 % in 12th GEN. calculated in all GENERATIONS and 87.44% in 16th GENERATION calculated in all GENERATIONS with Distance of 1 out of 25 DNA MARKERS. RANDY J. ROGERS is out of EDMUND ROGERS whom I believe was born abt. 1809 SC.
Also another close DNA MATCH that is on Y-Search is with the JACOB C. RODGERS of WEAKLEY CO. TN. The DNA submitter of that line was LARRY RODGERS and he and I have been discussing a group of ROGERS who are out of LAURENS CO. SC which is also where EDMUND ROGERS group lived too.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|