Hi All, My name is Mary and I am looking info on Daniel MacKinnon and Grace Currie MacKinnon they had son Peter before they left Kintrye, Scotland, (I don't know what part) They sailed on the ship "Industry" in 1788 and had daughter Christian 6 days after departure.(they went on to have a total of 12 children) The ship was bound for N.Y. but due to bad seas ended up in Charleston N.C. where they remained in Laurinsburg, Scotland County, N.C. Thier property was adjacent to what is now "St. Andrews Presbyterian College. Some of the old farm buildings were donated. The McKinnon Cemetary nearby, has the graves of Daniel and Grace. The area was called "Duck Pond"
I am decended from thier son Peter who married Mary Brown and moved to Thomas County Ga.
What I would like to know is if any of thier other decendants know the Parents of Daniel and Grace, If they had sisters or brothers come to this country and any family stories. Thank you so very much.
Children of Daniel and Grace:
1. Peter McKinnon b.1779 in Kintrye d.1843 in Thomas Ga. he was 9 at the time they immigrated. He married Mary Brown b.1785 d.1850 m. 1805. I think they married in Laurinburg.
Mary's parents may have been Joesph Brown and Jane Duncan.
Mary is found in the 1850 Thomas county census living with Duncan her youngest son, she died shortly there after.) Children: (no order)
Flora, m. John White
Christian, m.Coe Powel
Mary b.1815 m. Gilbert McLeod
Jane, m.1st. John McMillen 2nd John Barwick
Rebecca d. at 24 single
Daniel m. Sarah McMillen
Angus Brown, m.1st Mary McMillian,2nd Lucinda Dekle (my ggGrandparents)
Duncan m. Nancy (Murry) Perry
2. Christian, b. 1788 aboard ship. Married John McDonald Shaw in 1817. Children: Angus Currie, Harriet and Sophronia (twins) Francis Woodbury, Cathrine McKay, Daniel Adams and Joesph Witfield.
3. Mary never married, died in 1868
4.Catherine (katie) married Robert Murphy. Children Catherine Love, who married John McLean.
5.Duncan never married, he was crippled and died in 1843.
6.Jeanette, married Archibald McCormick in 1837. Children Christian, margaret, Jeanette, Archibald, Daniel, Murdock, Duncan, Catherine, John, Dougald and Nathaniel.
Jeanette died at age 83.
7. Daniel married Margaret McKoy. Children, Archibald m., Catherine, Harriet, Mary Ann, Margaret, Daniel, Patrick, John M., Luther and McKoy.
8. Margaret married Edward McMillan. She died in 1866 leaving 2 children.
9.Alexander C. married Sarah McMillen, she died childless.
He remarried to Charlotte Cameron, she died in 1843, leaving : Cameron, Daniel and Sarah.
last he married Mrs. Sarah McQueen Currie. Children: Archibald, Martin McQueen, Alexander James, Catherine, and Angus Currie.
10. John died at about 18 years old.
11. Murdock, married Esther McMillan, who died in 1837 leaving an infant Sarah who died soon after, Daniel Paisley and Gilbert McMillan.
He then married Mary Blue in 1838. Children : Margaret Sophronia, John Blue, Murdock Milton, Catherine, Alexander Murphy, Angus, Finley Currie, Mary Jane, Calvin, Flora, Sarah, Martha, Martin Luther and Evander William.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|