Here is the information I have on this family:
George Ray was b. bef 1773
Martha Robinson was b. 22 Nov 1773, Orange Co., NC; d. bef May 1838, Orange Co., NC
George and Martha were m. 29 May 1792, Orange Co., NC
Martha Robinson was the d/o Michael Robinson, Sr. and Mary Ray.
Michael Robinson was b. 22 Jan 1731/2, Ulster, Ireland; d. Nov 1806, probably Williamson Co., TN
Mary Ray was b. 5 Aug 1732, Ireland or Pennsylvania; d. bef 1804, Hillsboro, Orange Co., NC
Michael and Mary were m. abt 1753, Orange Co., NC or Lancaster or Chester Co., PA. They had 15 children that I know of.
Michael Robinson was the s/o William Robinson.
William Robinson was b. bef 1711, Ireland.
Mary Ray was the d/o William Ray and Catherine UNKNOWN.
William Ray was b. abt 1695, Ireland (possibly in Co. Mayo or Cork); d. bef May 1774, St. Matthew's Parish, Orange Co., NC.
Catherine UNKNOWN was b. bef 1714 in Ireland.
These Robinsons and Rays apparently immigrated to PA in the early 1700's, the Robinsons in 1744. According to another researcher, they settled in Marlboro Twp, Chester Co. PA. The Rays apparently settled in Derry Twp, Lancaster Co., PA. Michael is in PA in 1753 according to court records showing him as executor of a will. Its unclear whether Michael and Mary were married in PA or NC since both families were in NC by 1754 and they were married abt 1753 or 1754.
There were several Robinson-Ray marriages from these families:
1) George Ray & Martha Robinson (d/o Michael Robinson & Mary Ray)
2) James Robinson (s/o Michael Robinson & Mary Ray) & Margaret Ray (d/o John Ray & Sarah Miller)
3) David Robinson (s/o Michael Robinson & Mary Ray) & Jennet Ray
4) Michael Robinson, Jr. (s/o Michael Robinson & Mary Ray) & Jennet/Jane Ray (d/o John Ray & Sarah Miller)
5) Joseph Robinson (s/o Michael Robinson & Mary Ray) & Sarah "Sally" Ray (d/o John Ray & Sarah Miller)
6) James Ray (s/o John Ray & Sarah Miller) & Jennett Robinson (d/o Michael Robinson & Mary Ray)
7) John Robinson (s/o David Robinson & Jennet Ray (see 3 above)) & Martha Ray
Marriages 2-6 were also 1st cousin marriages as John Ray was a son of William Ray and Catherine UNKNOWN. I do not know the parentage of the Rays in 1 and 7.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|