Descendants of DAVID S. MCGEE
Generation No. 1
1. DAVID S.3 MCGEE (RALPH2, JOHN1) was born August 15, 1739 in SCOTLAND, and died 1814 in Family Cem., Wilkes Co., North Carolina. He married ? Abt 1762 in nc/va.
David (the older or Sr?) owned land on Beaver Creek in Wilkes Co. NC.
Children of DAVID MCGEE and ? are:
2. i. DAVID S.4 MCGEE, b. July 25, 1763, SCOTLAND; d. May 1857, Family Cem., Tuscaloosa Co., Ala..
ii. DRURY MCGEE, b. Abt 1765, SCOTLAND.
iii. ANN MCGEE, b. Abt 1766, scotland.
iv. MARY MCGEE, b. Abt 1768, scotland.
v. WILLIAM MCGEE, b. Abt 1770, scotland.
vi. RALPH MCGEE, b. Abt 1772.
vii. JOHN MCGEE, b. Abt 1773, scotland.
viii. JAMES MCGEE, b. Abt 1776.
ix. SUSANNAH MCGEE, b. Abt 1777, scotland.
x. SARAH MCGEE, b. Abt 1779; m. CALEB SNIDER, February 08, 1837, nc.
xi. ELIZABETH MCGEE, b. Abt 1780, Beaver Creek, Wilkes Co., North Carolina.
xii. EDITH MCGEE, b. Abt 1783.
3. xiii. GEORGE MCGEE, b. Abt 1786, Beaver Creek, Wilkes Co., North Carolina.
xiv. MARTHA PATSEY MCGEE, b. Abt 1788, scotland.
xv. CYNTHIA MCGEE, b. Abt 1790.
Generation No. 2
2. DAVID S.4 MCGEE (DAVID S.3, RALPH2, JOHN1) was born July 25, 1763 in SCOTLAND, and died May 1857 in Family Cem., Tuscaloosa Co., Ala.. He married (1) MARY LONGBOTTOM. He married (2) MARGARET RAESIDE November 16, 1782 in Coylton, Ayr, Scotland. He married (3) MARY COOK March 23, 1793 in N.C..
David (the younger) was a private in the Virginia line and was on the muster roll at Valley Forge. He apparently rose to the rank of Sergeant. After the war, he left VA, went to SC, TN, and settled in Alabama in 1819. He was in TN for sometime as perhaps 5 of his 15 children are listed as being born in TN. I FOUND NOTES THAT SUGGEST DAVID WAS MARRIED SIX TIMES?
IT IS INTERESTING TO NOTE THAT BY READING HIS MARRIAGE BOND & WILL, HE OBVIOUSLY WAS ABLE TO READ AND WRITE.
Child of david mcgee and Margaret RAESIDE is:
i. HENRIETTE MINERVA5 MCGEE, b. 1837, ALABAMA; d. 1901, Tuscaloosa, Alabama; m. WILLIAM (BILL) SULLIVAN.
Children of david mcgee and Mary Cook are:
ii. JOHN5 MCGEE, m. NANCY DODSON, 1805.
iii. WILEY MCGEE.
3. GEORGE4 MCGEE (DAVID S.3, RALPH2, JOHN1) was born Abt 1786 in Beaver Creek, Wilkes Co., North Carolina. He married BEERSHEBA in grayson, virginia.
Walter McGee, born in Orange County, NC about 1800. He noted that his parents were George and Beersheba McGee, in Orange county. I have located a power od attorney, witnessed by George McGee about 1792 in Randolph county NC.
Children of george mcgee and beersheba are:
4. i. WALTER5 MCGEE, b. 1801, orange county, north carolina; d. May 15, 1899, Richmond, VA.
ii. HENRY MCGEE, b. Abt 1825; d. January 15, 1864, virginia.
iii. CHRISTOPHER MCGEE, b. Abt 1840; d. August 1862, Manassas, VA.
5. iv. RICHARD MCGEE, b. Abt 1843, carroll co., virginia; d. Mcgee Cemetery, Carroll Co., VA.
v. SARAH MCGEE, b. 1844.
Generation No. 3
4. WALTER5 MCGEE (GEORGE4, DAVID S.3, RALPH2, JOHN1) was born 1801 in orange county, north carolina, and died May 15, 1899 in Richmond, VA. He married (1) SARAH HUNT December 29, 1819 in orange co, north carolina, daughter of henry hunt and sarah. He married (2) MARY SURRATT SHUPE 1878 in carroll co., virginia.
1850 in carroll county, virginia, walter mcgee was in the census along with his wife, sarah, and their 10 children, all listed as farmers with the exception of sarah who is listed as a housewife.
1850 carroll county mcgee census:
Walter McGee 49 m Farmer
Sarah '' 48 f
Malinda '' 24 f
Henry '' 23 m Farmer
Emaline '' 22 f
George W. '' 20 m Farmer
William '' 18 m Farmer
Mary '' 15 f
Anderson '' 12 m
Madison '' 9 m
John W. '' 2 m
Patentee: WALTER W MCGEE
Land Office: MONTGOMERY
Document Number: 15562
Miscellaneous Document Number: 26891
Title Authority: HOMESTEAD
Signature Date: 1897/07/27
Land Description Number: 1
Aliquot Parts: NE
Section Number: 17
Base Line: ST STEPHENS
Total Acres: 160.0000
Fractional Section: N
Subsurface Rights Reserved: N
Metes and Bounds Description: N
Canceled Document: N
Multiple Patentee(s): N
Multiple Warantee(s): N
Accession Number: AL4880__.392
Image Name: 00022798
Volume ID: 070
Children of walter mcgee and sarah hunt are:
6. i. ALFRED6 MCGEE, b. 1820, nc.
ii. MALINDA MCGEE, b. 1826, orange county north carolina; d. March 25, 1866, carroll co., virginia.
iii. HENRY MCGEE, b. 1827, orange co, north carolina; d. January 15, 1864, * Howlett House,Va.
iv. CAROLINA MCGEE, b. 1828, carroll county virginia.
7. v. EMALINE MCGEE, b. 1828.
8. vi. GEORGE W. MCGEE, b. 1830, carroll county virginia; d. March 10, 1876, carroll county virginia.
9. vii. WILLIAM W. MCGEE, b. July 28, 1831, carroll county virginia; d. November 30, 1906, Ste Genevieve Co, MO.
viii. MARY MCGEE, b. 1835, carroll county virginia.
10. ix. ANDERSON MCGEE, b. 1838, carroll county virginia.
11. x. MADISON MCGEE, b. October 01, 1842, carroll county virginia; d. November 22, 1933, zincville, ok, buried in miami,oklahoma.
xi. JOHN W. MCGEE, b. 1843; d. 1933, colorado; m. (1) MARY NEAL; m. (2) ANN SATTERFIELD, July 03, 1827, orange, co., nc.
5. RICHARD5 MCGEE (GEORGE4, DAVID S.3, RALPH2, JOHN1) was born Abt 1843 in carroll co., virginia, and died in Mcgee Cemetery, Carroll Co., VA. He married (1) LYDIA NEWMAN. He married (2) MARTHA MABE January 12, 1870, daughter of david mabe and elizabeth gregory.
richard received the following confederate pension monies: 1911: $21.60, 1912: $24.00, 1915: $43.20, 1916: $35.00, 1917: $35.00, 1919: $55.00, 1920: $100.00, 1921: $100.00, 1922: $97.50, 1923: $130.00, 1925: $140.00, 1926: $145.00
Children of richard mcgee and martha mabe are:
i. ALLIE6 MCGEE, b. May 04, 1888, carroll co., virginia; d. May 21, 1909, carroll co., virginia.
ii. MARTHA MCGEE, b. June 28, 1886.
iii. ALFRED MCGEE, b. February 06, 1884, carroll co., virginia; d. June 16, 1914, carroll co., virginia.
iv. LILLIAN VICTORIA MCGEE, b. November 16, 1880.
v. HENRY P. MCGEE, b. March 25, 1879.
vi. EFFIE ELIZABETH MCGEE, b. February 15, 1876.
vii. LAURA MCGEE, b. January 1893.
viii. RACHEL MCGEE, b. July 21, 1890, carroll co., virginia; d. November 10, 1909, carroll co., virginia.
ix. MARY BELLE MCGEE, b. August 06, 1875.
x. KENNY B. MCGEE, b. December 25, 1870, carroll county, va; d. September 11, 1928, carroll co., virginia.
Generation No. 4
6. ALFRED6 MCGEE (WALTER5, GEORGE4, DAVID S.3, RALPH2, JOHN1) was born 1820 in nc. He married EFFIE STOOTS November 06, 1838 in grayson co., va, daughter of walter stoots and effy.
Children of alfred mcgee and effie stoots are:
i. WALTER7 MCGEE, b. 1839; d. June 17, 1864.
ii. CHRISTOPHER P. MCGEE, b. 1840.
iii. RICHARD MCGEE, b. 1841.
iv. EMILY MCGEE, b. December 25, 1846.
v. SARAH MCGEE, b. 1848.
vi. HENRY MCGEE, b. 1849; d. August 12, 1856.
vii. LEATHY MCGEE, b. 1851.
12. viii. EFFIE MCGEE, b. 1852.
ix. SEBASTIAN MCGEE, b. 1859.
7. EMALINE6 MCGEE (WALTER5, GEORGE4, DAVID S.3, RALPH2, JOHN1) was born 1828. She married EDMUND FOWLER October 11, 1852 in carroll county, n.c..
Children of Emaline mcgee and EDMUND FOWLER are:
i. ELIZA JANE7 FOWLER, b. August 02, 1859.
ii. GEORGE W. FOWLER, b. 1855.
iii. LAFAYETTE FOWLER, b. 1854.
iv. PRESTON FOWLER, b. 1857.
v. MARTIN FOWLER, b. 1861.
vi. JAMES FOWLER, b. 1868.
vii. HENRY FOWLER, b. 1871.
viii. MARK FOWLER, b. 1871.
ix. FETZ FOWLER, b. 1871.
x. FRANK FOWLER, b. 1871.
8. GEORGE W.6 MCGEE (WALTER5, GEORGE4, DAVID S.3, RALPH2, JOHN1) was born 1830 in carroll county virginia, and died March 10, 1876 in carroll county virginia. He married ELIZABETH FOWLER 1874.
Children of george mcgee and ELIZABETH FOWLER are:
i. JOHN W.7 MCGEE.
ii. WALTER M. MCGEE.
9. WILLIAM W.6 MCGEE (WALTER5, GEORGE4, DAVID S.3, RALPH2, JOHN1) was born July 28, 1831 in carroll county virginia, and died November 30, 1906 in Ste Genevieve Co, MO. He married MALITHA S. HYLTON 1853 in carroll county virginia, daughter of Archibald Hylton and Lavinia ).
A HISTORICAL SKETCH OF NEW HOPE CHURCH,
In Orange County, N. C.
lists william as becoming an ordained minister.
Children of william mcgee and malitha Hylton are:
13. i. JOHN QUINCY7 MCGEE, b. November 13, 1854, carroll co., va; d. February 15, 1915, Sprot, Ste Genevieve Co., mo.
ii. ISAAC MCGEE, b. 1855.
iii. JAMES M. MCGEE, b. 1855.
14. iv. THOMAS JEFFERSON MCGEE, b. July 06, 1859, bonne terre, missouri; d. Abt 1938, pleasant plains cemetery, s.w. of limon, colorado.
v. MARGARET ANN MCGEE, b. 1862; m. B.C. VANDYKE, October 17, 1879, missouri.
15. vi. JOSEPH JOHNSON MCGEE, b. 1865.
vii. ROBERT LEE MCGEE, b. 1866.
viii. MARY FRANCES MCGEE, b. 1869; d. November 12, 1875, virginia.
ix. WILLIAM SYDNEY MCGEE, b. 1871.
x. GEORGE WASHINGTON MCGEE, b. 1873, carroll co., va; d. March 10, 1876, virginia.
16. xi. MARTHA BELLE MCGEE, b. August 15, 1875, carroll co., va; d. July 17, 1961, reno, nv.
xii. LETICIA ELLEN MCGEE, b. October 1877, carroll co., va; d. September 29, 1883, carroll co., va.
10. ANDERSON6 MCGEE (WALTER5, GEORGE4, DAVID S.3, RALPH2, JOHN1) was born 1838 in carroll county virginia. He married NANCY MCGEE 1858 in carroll co., va.
Child of anderson mcgee and nancy mcgee is:
i. SARAH7 MCGEE, b. 1859.
11. MADISON6 MCGEE (WALTER5, GEORGE4, DAVID S.3, RALPH2, JOHN1) was born October 01, 1842 in carroll county virginia, and died November 22, 1933 in zincville, ok, buried in miami,oklahoma. He married (1) ELIZABETH JANE LYONS. He married (2) VIRGINIA FREEMAN March 20, 1901.
notes from carroll county, virginia record madison as being a copper miner in the mid to late 1800's. a newspaper listed madison as "reverend" upon his death. a son preceeded him inm death and is also buried in GAR CEMETERY, grand army republic civil war cemetery. madison fought on the side of the confederates..
after madison's wife died in 1900, he returned to virginia, and married virginia freeman, whom was 19 years of age, he was about 58 at the time. it is reported that many of madison's children moved to missouri in 1895 when the children married.
Children of madison mcgee and elizabeth lyons are:
17. i. ELIZABETH JANE7 MCGEE, b. April 01, 1872; d. March 25, 1949.
ii. JAMES MCGEE, b. February 01, 1861; d. Bef 1933.
iii. THOMAS DEWARD MELVIN MCGEE, b. April 15, 1865; m. NEATIE MELTON, November 18, 1885.
iv. LUTITIA MCGEE, b. April 22, 1867; d. March 02, 1934; m. DAVID WILBURN GALLIMORE, August 18, 1884.
v. ROSS AMINADAD MCGEE, b. December 18, 1869; m. FRANCIS HUTCHING, January 15, 1895.
vi. CHARLES MCGEE, b. April 11, 1874; m. CORA REYNOLDS, March 04, 1895.
vii. VICTORIA JOSEPHINE MCGEE, b. September 17, 1877; m. DOCK WOODS, 1895.
Generation No. 5
12. EFFIE7 MCGEE (ALFRED6, WALTER5, GEORGE4, DAVID S.3, RALPH2, JOHN1) was born 1852. She married STEPHEN (BUD) FLANAGAN.
Child of effie mcgee and Stephen Flanagan is:
i. LAURA8 FLANAGAN.
13. JOHN QUINCY7 MCGEE (WILLIAM W.6, WALTER5, GEORGE4, DAVID S.3, RALPH2, JOHN1) was born November 13, 1854 in carroll co., va, and died February 15, 1915 in Sprot, Ste Genevieve Co., mo. He married NANCY ALICE LANDRETH January 22, 1874 in carroll co., va, daughter of watson sawyer and Susan Castleberry.
Children of john mcgee and NANCY LANDRETH are:
i. MINNIE8 MCGEE, d. May 14, 1868, north dakota.
ii. ELLA MCGEE.
iii. JOHN MCGEE.
14. THOMAS JEFFERSON7 MCGEE (WILLIAM W.6, WALTER5, GEORGE4, DAVID S.3, RALPH2, JOHN1) was born July 06, 1859 in bonne terre, missouri, and died Abt 1938 in pleasant plains cemetery, s.w. of limon, colorado. He married (1) HERBY CATHERINE FLANAGAN 1878 in carroll county virginia, daughter of jeremiah flanagan and juriah hardy. He married (2) AMANDA HUTCHING CLAYWELL Bef 1881 in elbert co.,colorado. He married (3) MARTHA E. EVILSEVER May 12, 1881 in Bollinger county, mo.
thomas was a farmer. he purportedly once was quite wealthy before his 1st marriage as he had a fondness for the ladies and apparently had a rather difficult time deciding to settle down, hence he was sued for breach of promise resulting in monetary compensation to the jilted ladies.
THERE ISOME CONFUSION AS TO WHERE THOMAS WAS BORN. SOME SAY MISSOURI, SOME VIRGINIA.
APPARENTLY, MARTHA, HIS 3RD WIFE AND THOMAS SEPARATED AND SHE MOVED BACK TO OKLAHOMA.
thomas j. is buried next to his 2ND wife amanda in pleasant plains cemetery.
I FIND IT INTERESTING THAT THOMAS HAD ONLY ONE CHILD THROUGHOUT HIS TUMULTUOUS LOVE LIFE!
BUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT
THOMAS J MCGEE
Document #: ---
Misc. Doc. Nr: ---
Indian Allotment Nr: ---
US Reservations: Yes
Mineral Reservations: No
Geographic Name: ---
Survey Date: ---
Issue Date: December 9, 1914
Authority: May 20, 1862: HOMESTEAD ENTRY-ORIGINAL (12 Stat. 392)
Land Office: DENVER
Child of thomas mcgee and herby flanagan is:
18. i. ARMINTIA FRANCES8 MCGEE, b. January 21, 1879, virginia; d. February 16, 1916, pleasant plains cemetery, s.w. of limon, colorado.
15. JOSEPH JOHNSON7 MCGEE (WILLIAM W.6, WALTER5, GEORGE4, DAVID S.3, RALPH2, JOHN1) was born 1865. He married LUCY E. UNK..
Child of joseph mcgee and Lucy unk. is:
i. LEA ADA8 MCGEE, d. April 16, 1895, died of at 1 yr, 10 months, 1 day in Bedford Co, Va,.
16. MARTHA BELLE7 MCGEE (WILLIAM W.6, WALTER5, GEORGE4, DAVID S.3, RALPH2, JOHN1) was born August 15, 1875 in carroll co., va, and died July 17, 1961 in reno, nv. She married DARIAN LAWSON December 19, 1889 in bonne terre, missouri.
Children of martha mcgee and darian lawson are:
i. HARRY T.8 LAWSON, b. February 12, 1895; d. June 20, 1979, chula vista, ca.
ii. ROBERT LEE LAWSON, b. April 03, 1897; d. 1983, Albequerque, NM.
iii. ESTELLE OLIVE LAWSON, b. March 03, 1899; d. December 27, 1971, carmichael, ca.
iv. EDITH LAWSON, b. June 29, 1901.
v. BEULAH LAWSON, b. October 29, 1903.
vi. GOLDIE LAWSON, b. June 26, 1914.
17. ELIZABETH JANE7 MCGEE (MADISON6, WALTER5, GEORGE4, DAVID S.3, RALPH2, JOHN1) was born April 01, 1872, and died March 25, 1949. She married ISAAC MONROE MCGEE March 25, 1889.
this couple were 1st cousins.
Children of elizabeth mcgee and isaac McGee are:
i. SYLVIA GIVANOLENE WESTERN SURPRISE8 MCGEE, b. July 09, 1906.
ii. WILLIAM MADISON MCGEE, b. November 15, 1891.
iii. THOMAS FERREL MCGEE, b. October 31, 1893.
iv. OWEN LEE MCGEE, b. February 21, 1900.
v. ZENO MCGEE, b. May 05, 1903.
vi. AMES BELL MCGEE, b. February 14, 1909.
vii. FLORA MAY MCGEE, b. May 18, 1912.
viii. ESTLE MCGEE, b. August 11, 1896; m. EFFIE MCGEE, November 25, 1919.
Generation No. 6
18. ARMINTIA FRANCES8 MCGEE (THOMAS JEFFERSON7, WILLIAM W.6, WALTER5, GEORGE4, DAVID S.3, RALPH2, JOHN1) was born January 21, 1879 in virginia, and died February 16, 1916 in pleasant plains cemetery, s.w. of limon, colorado. She married GEORGE WILLIAM DAVID 1901 in st. francois co, mo, son of amele david and anna brand.
Armintia was a loving mother whom was afflicted with pneumonnia when she was 37 years of age. it is said that she died in child birth due to complications of her weakened state due to pneumonia. there is an infant buried with her, though it is believed to be her daughter catherine. Armintia in fact had a miscarriage before her untimely death.
Children of Armintia Mcgee and George David are:
i. MARVIN GEORGE9 DAVID, b. March 21, 1902, bonne terre, missouri; d. March 04, 1963, yakima yakima co, wa; m. (1) EVELYN FERN GLIDEWELL, November 20, 1923, cheyenne co., colorado; m. (2) AURELIE JEAN TESSIER.
ii. MERWIN ARMINTIA DAVID, b. November 05, 1903, Bonne Terre, St Francois Co., MO; d. February 1976, Seattle, Washington; m. (1) ARCHIE RAY HALE; m. (2) RAYM COLE; m. (3) DEAN DIXON.
iii. ELOISE NAOMA DAVID, b. December 29, 1904, bonne terre, missouri; d. June 18, 1997, tulare, ca; m. JAMES OSCEOLA PIERCE, november 20, 1922.
iv. CATHERINE ELIZIE DAVID, b. January 25, 1907, bonne terre, missouri; d. 1908, bonne terre, missouri.
v. LUCILLE ALMA DAVID, b. October 27, 1908, bonne terre, missouri; d. March 20, 1939, albuquerque, new mexico; m. THOMAS CARRY PLANT, June 07, 1928, yuma, arizona.
vi. GLADYS IOLA DAVID, b. December 03, 1910, Bonne Terre, St Francois Co., MO; d. June 05, 1964, aurora arapahoe, colorado; m. LESTER SULLIVAN, 1931.
vii. HAZEL LEOLA DAVID, b. March 17, 1912, bonne terre, missouri; m. JOSEPH EPHRAIM JOHNSON, December 22, 1927, yuma, az.
viii. THELMA LORENE DAVID, b. October 25, 1914, bonne terre, missouri; d. September 05, 1991, los lunas, new mexico; m. EVERETT GARLAND.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|