I would like to be in touch with any descendants of Thomas Jefferson Roane. He was my ggg grandfather.
Thomas Jefferson Roane, born March 20, 1801 in Rockingham County, NC. He married Mary Grant (born March 10, 1803) in Rockingham County July 29, 1824 and on Dec. 22, 1830 they moved to Macon County NC where he died at his residence on Cartoogechaye Creek May 30, 1860. Thomas Jefferson Roane and wife Mary Grant Roane are buried in Old Presbyterian Cemetery at Franklin, NC.
They had 11 children:
1. William Hern Roane, b. Oct. 12, 1825; d. Feb. 29, 1880. Lived in Macon County. (Buried in Maidenís Chapel Cemetery,).
2. James Milton Roane. B. Dec. 11, 1826; d. Mar. 9, 1896. Lived on a farm north of Franklin. Buried in Mt. Zion Cemetery.
3. John Russell Roane. B. Jan. 23, 1828; d. Oct. 26, 1864. Lived in Macon County. Captured by the Union Army during Civil War. Died in Union Army prison camp near Chicago, IL.
4. Thomas Rusk Roane. B. Oct. 9, 1829; d. April 14, 1880.
5. Robert Diskin Roane. B. June 23, 1832; d. April, 1926.
6. Elizabeth Grant Roane. B. Oct. 23, 1833; d. June 17, 1834.
7. Mary Elizabeth Roane. B. Aug. 14, 1836. D. . Married an Enloe. Buried in Maidenís Chapel Cemetery.
8. Henrietta Hern Roane. B. Mar. 10, 1839. Married a Gray. One daughter, Elizabeth Gray. Then married Budd Wall. Lived in Elbert County, GA.
9. Patrick Hern Roane. B. Aug. 23, 1840.
10. Edward Roane
11. Wilbur Fisk Roane, b. Nov. 30, 1843. Lived in Clayton, GA
Thomas Jefferson Roane was the son of Thomas Roane of Essex county, VA, who was the son of William Roane. I would especially like info on children #'s 8, 9 and 10, as they are ones I have nothing much about.
Looking forward to hearing from Roane cousins! Are there any Roane reunions anywhere?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|