Looking for any information on the parents/siblings of Mary A Craft who married Thomas (Ransom)
"Tom" Whitworth on 12 December 1825 in Lincoln County, NC.
Mary is buried in the Mount Zion Baptist Church cemetery just outside Cherryville, in Gaston
County, NC, along with other Craft family members. 1900 Federal Census for Cleveland County,
NC, found her living in the home of her grandson Robert McEntire,son of Mary's daughter Rosanna
who married Ransom Marcus McEntire.
Children of Tom Whitworth & Mary A Craft Whitworth:
1. William R, born c 1826, married Sarah E Stroup 3 March 1876 in Lincoln Co, NC
2. Matilda, born 7/15/1826, who married W Alston Pryor buried Union Baptist Church in Cleveland
3. Rosanna, born 2/7/1827 who married Ransom Marcus McEntire, buried at Union Baptist Church
in Cleveland County, NC
4. Margaret "Peggy", born c1833, who married James A Proctor, buried at New Hope Baptist
Church in Cleveland County, NC.
5. Fendol Robison Whitworth, born c1835
6. Celia "Seley", born c1841, never married, who is buried in the Cherryville City Cemetery in
Gaston County, NC.
7. Dora, born c1850.
Peggy and James Proctor were the parents of Finley Green "Fen" Proctor who was my husband's
Any clues on Mary's branch of the Craft family will be greatly appreciated.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|