THOMAS, ROTHROCK, MILLER, JONES, SHUTT, KIMEL, MYERS
I am working on a massive ROTHROCK family tree. One of the families that the ROTHROCKs married into was the THOMAS family.
Lewis F. THOMAS was born 30 Oct 1831 in present-day Forsyth County, North Caorlina. He was the third of seven known children of Maria (Mary) Magdalena ROTHROCK (1806-past1890) and Hezekiah K. THOMAS (1805-1890). It is not known when Mary died or where Mary or Hezekiah are buried. Hezekiah was a school teacher and they live in or around Winston-Salem.
Lewis F. THOMAS married Sarah Eliza MILLER on 13 May 1854 at Davidson County, North Carolina (Forsyth County wasn't founded until 1857). Sarah was born 01 Jul 1835 and died 05 Sep 1905. She was the daughter of the Rev. Joseph H. MILLER (1806-1887) who married Sarah SOWERS (1808-1873) in 1827. Lewis died on 19 Oct 1907, presumably at Forsyth or Davidson County, North Carolina.
Lewis and Eliza are buried at the Pine Grove Methodist Cemetery, at South Fork Township, Forsyth County, North Carolina. In 1860 the family (parents, and sons John and Lewis) were living at the Salem District, Family #1483/1410, Page 373, Salem District, Forsyth County, North Carolina. In 1870 the family (parents, sons Caleb S., Albert F., Robah and daughter Flora) were living at the South Fork Township, Family #211/212, Forsyth County, North Carolina. A Anna E. DELAP (age 14) was living with them. In 1880 the parents (Lewis listed as a farmer), sons Albert and Robah; and daughter Flora were living at South Fork Township, Page 399, Forsyth County, North Carolina. I can't find the parents on the 1900 census.
Lewis and Eliza were the parents of five known children:
1. John THOMAS (1856-???). He was not listed on the 1870 census, thus it is assumed that he died young.
2. Lewis Albert F. THOMAS (1859-1898) went by Lewis or Albert. He is called Albert F. THOMAS on his tombstone. He married Tempie Jane JONES (went by Jane?) (1867-1955). Jane was the daughter of Thomas Franklin JONES (1835-1914) and Margaret S. MILLER (1841-1927). Albert and Jane are buried at the New Philadelphia Moravian Cemetery, at Winston-Salem, Forsyth County, North Carolina. They were the parents of four children: Pearlie Cordelia THOMAS (1888-1974) who married Ralph Joseph SHUTT (1886-1963); Luther M. THOMAS (1890-1890); Carl Simeon THOMAS (1891-1963) who married Sarah Mae NIFONG (1891-???) and Franklin L. THOMAS (1898-???) who married Lucy B. CORNISH (1898-1960).
3. Caleb S. THOMAS (1861-???), nothing really known. In 1920 a Caleb S. THOMAS (age 63) and wife ELlen E. (age 49) were living at Winston Township, Forsyth County, NC. Was this the right Caleb S. THOMAS?
4. Robah A. THOMAS (1864-1939) married Phebe Jane KIMEL (1867-1918) in c1887. Robah and Phebe are buried at the Pine Grove Methodist Cemetery, at South Fork Township, Forsyth County, North Carolina. They had two daughters: Cora E. (b. 1889) and Sarah M. (b. 1894). Phebe was the daughter of Alfred KIMEL (1827-1870) and Cynthia JONES (1836-???).
5. Flora Haseltine THOMAS (1869-1920) married Rufus Augusta MYERS (1865-1956). Flora is buried at the Salem Moravian Cemetery, at Winston-Salem, Forsyth County, North Carolina. Rufus is buried at the Salem Cemetery, at Winston-Salem, Forsyth County, North Carolina. They had seven known children: Blanche Estelle (1894-1986); Cora (1895-???); Miranda (1896-???); Mabel (1898-???); Eunice (1899-1998), James R. (1900-???) and Ernest R. (1902-???).
Does anyone have any information to trade on the above families or their descendants? Dan_Stevenson@sparta.com
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|