Thank you for the information.
Your questions are great as to figuring out who were the correct parents of John Alexander Hall and the connection to Mary "Polly" Dorsett Varner Hall.
Here is some more information that could help in figuring this out. Know sometimes it is the smallest of facts that help bring things together.
From the notes from the Hall Family Bible, which I do not have. John Alexander Hall and the Polly Hall were married October 12, 1850, so they were married before the war?
Also in some old notes I have listed two marriage records.
1. John A Hall married Rachel Fouts on November 21, 1846 in Davidson County, NC
2. Mary A Dorsett married John Varner on March 16, 1861 in Randolph County, NC
1. This leds to more questions, are these two people John A Hall and Mary Dorsett or they another John A Hall?
2. The two older children of John Alexander Hall could be with Rachael Fouts as the mother or is Mary the mother? Celia Ann Hall, born in 1852, and Sarah L Hall, born in 1854.
3. If this is the Mary Dorsett that married a Varner in 1861, Is she the same Mary listed in the 1870 census in Davidson County with John Hall age 50, farmer?
I hope I didn't muddy the water too much. Look forward to hearing from you soon.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|