Henderson Charles BERRIER Sr. was born 1833 at Davidson County, North Carolina. He was the son of Charles BERRIER (06 Jan 1811 - 27 Jan 1873) and Susannah SHOAF (15 May 1814 - 22 Jun 1886) who married c1832. Charles was the son of Philip BERRIER and Sibela GRIMES.
Henderson Sr. married Antoinette Elizabeth SPAUGH (27 Jan 1836 - 16 Aug 1882) in c1857. Antoinette is buried at the Mt. Olivet United Methodist Church Cemetery, at Davidson County, North Carolina. It is not known for certain where Henderson is buried. Antoinette was the fourth of eight children of Daniel SPAUGH (1805-1882) and Anna Catharine FISHEL (1808 - (1888?)).
In 1860 Henderson Sr., Antoinette, Wilson, and Ellen were living as Family 603, Northern Division, Davidson County, North Carolina. In 1870 Ann (Antoinette), Ellen, Lillian, Henderson Jr., Josephine, Cornelia, and a Betsy MILLER (age 57, born NC) were living at Arcadia Township, Page 7, Davidson County, North Carolina. Where was Henderson Sr.? In 1880 the widow Antoinette and last three children were living at Arcadia Township, Page 211, Davidson County, North Carolina. Was William (b. 1875) really a son of Henderson? Did Henderson die before the 1870 census?
The children of Henderson and Antoinette were:
1. Wilson F. BERRIER, born c1858
2. Ellen M. BERRIER (1859-1918), married Thomas Patrick HEGE (1849-1904) and had children Robert C., Mary Jane, Emory, Raushall, Joseph H., Dora I., Stamey O., Sallie M. and Ida E.
3. Lillian BERRIER (1860-???) married Robert HEGE and then David A. TESH; Children: Cicero F. HEGE (1878-1902), Ada HEGE, Mattie HEGE and Ida TESH.
4. Henderson Charles Wesley BERRIER Jr. (1862-1938) married Sarah E. PERRYMAN (1858-1925) and had Matthew, Daisy, David F., Clemmie, Lillie M. and Hethie.
5. Josephine BERRIER (1867-???) married Forest BROWN
6. Cornelia BERRIER (Jun 1869-???)
7. William BERRIER (1875-???) married Fannie TULLOCH and had Claudia, Beulah, Alton, Matthew, Sallie, Minnie and Lillie
Charles and Susannah SHOAF BERRIER are buried at the Shiloh Methodist Church Cemetery at Davidson County, North Carolina. Buried next to them is H. BERRIER (died 20 Aug 1862, age 29 years, 7 months, 2 days, thus born 18 Jan 1833). Was this Henderson Sr.? If so the last three children listed to Antionette and Henderson were not born to Henderson. Buried next to H. BERRIER is W.F. BERRIER, died 04 Oct 1862, age 1 year, 11 months, 4 days, thus born Oct 31, 1860. Was this another child of Antoinette and Henderson?
If anyone has any information to trade on the above family please contact me. Dan_Stevenson@sparta.com
Berrier, Spaugh, Shoaf, Fishel, Tulloch, Brown, Grimes, Hege, Tesh, Perryman
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|