Here is an update to my earlier posts concerning Bastin/Brockman/Burrus/Burrows/ Mills/Langville/Langwell/Walker and several other names I am researching. There is a close connection to many of these families that lived in Caswell Co. NC, and close by in Rockingham County. Many of these families had kin in both counties and many of these family lines migrated from NC around 1818-1830 into TN and KY.
The ones I am concentrating most on are as follows, and I would greatly appreciate any additions or corrections......Ruth Langwell Walker
1810 Rockingham Co. NC Census;
Elizabeth Todd, Jacob Baugh Jr., Henry Baugh, Bolin Nicholson, [Lavica (Nicholson)Langwell's
father? She married John Langwell b. c 1808, son of Thomas Langwell b. c. 1776] Hugh Adams, ---------Ware [couldn't read the first part..looked
like Aknier?] Rice Ware, [married one of the Bastins?] Thomas Langwell....on
one side of him was a John Black, on the other side was a John
Bell........James Roberts, James Rainy, William Burrow Jr, John Easom,
Joshua Cook, David, Perkins, David Ott, Aaron Burrow, Thos. Whitley, Elias Thomas, David Roberts, Robt. McFarland, Ben. Kizer, Geo. Kizer, Ben. Harris,
Patsy Ingram, Martha McCaw, Elizabeth Knox, John Kelly, Barnabus Murry, Wm.
Rainwater, Gamaleil Newby, David Stewart, Alex. Holmes, George Allen, Peter W. Clark, John Sellers, Ralph Williams, Wm. Hart, William Mills, James
Porter, Schuyler Clark, John Hern, Thos. Williams, Caldwell Stewert.
And that is all I ran off of the Rockingham Co. NC 1810 census........I only made copies of those nearest to Thomas Langwell, since that is my main area of research at the moment.
Also, I went through the Caswell Books again from the Library and I noticed a few names that I missed the first time....as follows:
==Book G. 1816= 211. William Furgurson, an orphan of age 10 yrs last Aug., apprenticed to ROSWELL BURROSS. Nathan Williams, Chairman Co., Court.
==July Court 1816
220. Inv. property of Gregory Durhm decd on 22 Dec. 1815 by Peggy Durham and William Robertson exec. Bond on Wm. Burns, JAMES ARNETT, Joel Gibson, John Alverson, (South Carolina) DAVID LEWIS.
229. Inv. of property of George Walker decd taken Feb. 1816. Bonds in presence of William Florence and Aqul. Compton. By Hugh Walker.
230. Inv estate of William Walker decd by Deborah Walker, Joseph McCulloch.
Book accts. against Joshua Walker, Joseph McCullock, Ashford Walker, Howel Whitmore, Charnel Hightower, Anderson Birk, Beny Hunt, John Fitch Sen.
===Book H. April 1817-Jan 1821
8. Sales estate of Thomas Baxter decd sold 4 Apr 1817 by Jane Bxter, adm.
Sales to; Mrs. Jane Baxter, John Baxter Jun., Nathan Slade, THOMAS WARE Jun., ROBERT WARE, PETER SMITH, James White, James Richardson, WILLIAM WARE, SEN & JUN., WILLIAM FARRELL, (SON OF HENRY) Thomas Kennon, John Cobb, James
McClarney, Henry Terrell, Daniel Scott, John Baxter Sen.
===Book H, July Court 1818
180. Joseph McCullock and Deborah Walker adm. of William Walker decd. acct. with legatees. Received by McCullock previous to death of Walker. Equal share to 4 legatees; cash paid to WILLIAM SMITH, in right of his wife
Eliabeth; paid accts of Elizabeth, Deborh, and George Wlker, pd. Hugh Walker gardian. By James Yancy, William Gooch, JAMES GRAVES.
===Book I 1822
45. Inv and sales of property of John Trigg decd on 2 Nov 1821 by Joshua Trigg adm. Sales to Henry Boulding, JOHN BASTIN, ROBERT WARE, BARATH BALDWIN, DAVID LAY, WILLIAM BURRIS, John Baxter, CHARLES SIMS, Joshua
Triggs, George W. Tyre, CAPT. W. PRICE.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|