I have been researchng the following information and am glad to share them with anyone who would need the information. Would be very glad to receive any information on any of these families that I am following. Someone on this forum asked if anyone knew where Little Wolf Creek was located. I think somewhere in all my files I may have that info and will check.....meanwhile, most of the families found here that I am researching lived on Wolf Creek. I also have a list of others living on Wolf Creek as of the time of the 1784 Tax list.
Notes from book of Caswell County NC Will Book 1777-1814
Researched by Ruth Langwell Walker Dec 2001
230 July Court 1797, p. 55 ; Letter of attorney; Jane Mills (widow) of Rockingham Co. NC to John Price. Sen. Of Caswell Co. To sell thirds of land left by husband Edward Mills to Thomas Arnett. 11 Mar 1797. Wit: Charles Price, Tandy Walker.
427 Inv. Estate of William Abel on 15 Nov 1799 by Thomas Bastin adm.
409. Henry Baldwin Sen.- Will-w. 14 Jan 1799. Wife Elizabeth; sons Henry, John, Edward, Luke; daughters Lucy Clove, Betsy Baldwin, Priscilla Bastin, Hannah Baldwin; son Lazarus; Exec; wife Elizabeth; wit; Thomas Dunkan, Andew Hogg (Jurat), Ephrain Rusell (Jurat)
412. Inv. Of estate Henry Baldwin by Elizabeth Baldwin exec.
April Court 1800
437 Letter of attorney; Mary Burrows exec. Of estate of John Burrows decd late of Dorset Co. Maryland and James Brockman and Betsy Brockman wife of James and daughter of John Burrows to James Arnett of Caswell County to demand and receive of Jonathan Patridge of Dorset Co. All estate and property due them from estate of said John Burrows. 1 May 1800. Wit: Benj. Williamson JP, R. Hill JP. (name may be Burrous)
73. William Price adm. Of Edward Mills decd., accts paid by Allen Nichols and Thomas Longville. Commrs: Richard Hill, William Moss, Joseph Arnett.
74. Settlement estate of Edward Mills. Payments to :
Mary Burrows ,Absolem Sawyer, James Colquehon
Simon Ford , Gregory Durham , Benjamin Nichols
James Powell, John Willson , John Price
Paid widow Mills for her part of estate: paid William Mills for his part of estate.
118. Settlement of estate of William Able decd. By James Grant and William Dye with Thomas Bastin adm. Paid debts as follows;
Judgement against William Able in behalf of Samuel Allen; paid Turner Patterson for crying property at sale; judgment by Richard Gibson and C. Price. 20 July 1802
123. Hannah Graves-Will-w. 27 July 1802. Sons Aazariah and Major; my 4 children Isabell, Azariah, Lewis, and Major Graves, and Iabell Moore if in case Isabell Moore should die before lawful age then to retun to my 4 children; Exec; trusty friend and relations Thomas Yancy, John Graves Capt. And Thomas Simons. Wit: J.G. Murphy, Anne Yancy, William Moore. Approved on oath of John Green Murphey.
From Caswell County NC Will Book 1814-1843
66. Insolvants for 1813
[will not write out the whole list since it is so long, but will list names of those of research interest]
Joseph Burrows, John Farell , Thomas Langwell
John Nichols, William Newell, Daniel Smith
Cleb Wright, Enoch Collins, Ambrose Lewis
Paschall Roberts, Zaeby Powell
Return by John Stamps late Sheriff
1817 Book H
40. Allotment to Hannah Bastin widow of Thomas Bastin decd. For herself and family. 30 Jan. 1817. Commrs: James Orr JP, Joshia Womack, William Walker, John Cobb.
47. Inv. Property of Thomas Bastin deed taken 1 May 1817 by Major Brockman Jun. Adm.
48. Sales estate of Thomas Bastin by Major Brockman Jr. Adm. To:
Hannah Bastin, John Bauldin, Peter Adams
John W. Grant, John Bastin, G.W. Stubblefield
John Powel, Benjamin Norman Sen. , Randol Rhodes
Lewis Whitmore, Benjamin Norman Jr., Edward Beusey
Isaac Patterson, Richard Hill, Brockman Nicholds
James Walker, Henry Strader , Peggy Sanders
Peter Stubblefield, Greenbury Willson , Noah Cobb
Major Brockman Sen. , Sarah Nicholds, James Abel
Thomas Bastin, Cotton Nun, Susannah Sims et el.
Jan. Court of 1818
108. Inv. Estate of Thomas Bastin decd. By Major Brockman Jr. Adm.
110. List of sales of Thomas Bastin decd. To John, Hannah, and Thomas Bastin; to Brockman Nicholds, James Burns, Lewis Whittemore et. Al.
207. Cont. Insolvents for 1816;
James Kennaday, Moses Charles(no such man), John Swan
George Lyon, William Murry , Henry Ruark
Timothy Longwell, John Perkins, William Swan
257. Samuel Henderson-Will-w. 1 Dec. 1818. Wife Priscilla. 5 last children all underage to have following; son James S. (352 acres land where I now live); Harriett (land that Benjamin Gomer now lives on 100 acres); Minerva (land adj. Thomas Foster on Lick Fork Creek); Ludolphus (land on north side Moore’s Creek adj. Joseph Henderson); Frances A. (land on Lick Fork by Zachariah Hooper). Exec; son Hiram Henderson, wife Priscilla Henderson, and Joseph Henderson. Wit; William Hatchett, H. Hooper.
Children by first wife Priscilla Henderson; Sarah Holcomb, Martin Harldson, Nancy Hooper, Priscilla Hooper, Mary Kennon, Elizabeth Watt, William Henderson, Samuel Henderson, Thomas Henderson, Jacob Henderson, dau. Hanner. Sons Hiram and Joseph to have equal division of negroes with last 10 children. Priscilla, Hiram and Joseph Henderson qualified.
July Court 1819
269. Inv property of Samuel Henderson decd. Some personal property sold at Hiram Henderson’s on 14 May 1819. Bonds on James Miles, Henry Hailey, John Pucket, Robert Hall, Benjamin Gomer. Open accts. On William Jones, John Scott, Benjamin Gomer (tobacco due wihen crop finished), Thomas and Iaac Hobbs for rent when crop done.
270. Sales estate of Samuel Henderson on 13 and 14 May 1819 to:
Hiram Henderson, Charles Bucey , Lewis Downs
Joseph Henderson, Abner Miles, Charles Harrison
Noel Burton, Jacob Henderson , Piscilla Henderson
William Henderson , Henry Shelton , Robert Perkins
Robert Roe , Henry Glass , John Marlow
William Clemson, Samuel Hooper, Richard Kennon
Joshua Beaver, Miles Wilmouth, James Paul
John Baxter, Peter Powell, Robert Foster
John Graves, Henry McClarney , Absolam Watt
237. Settlement estate of Thomas Bastin decd. By Benj. C. West and Richard R. Kennon. Accts. On Mary Hammons, Milly Robertson, Hannah Bastin.
370. Power of attorney---Thomas Longwell (or Langwell) and Anna his wife (late Anna Bastin), Temperance Newell (late Bastin), and Godfrey Young and Tabitha his wife (late Bastin), all daughters of William Bastin decd., one of the hheirs of Thomas Bastin decd., all of Pulaski County KY., to John Newell of same county to sell lands of Thomas Bastin in Caswell Co., NC on Little Wolf Island Creek. 18 Nov. 1818
10. Inv of estate sale of Benjamin Norman on 17 July 1820. Note on John Gibson. Sale estate on 1 Dec. 1820 by Wheatly Norman exec to:
Roseman Norman, Brockman Nichols , Hannah Bastin
John Ford , William Crews, Smith Overby
Westley Norman, John Bastin, Nathan Norman
Thomas Bastin, Judith Norman , Thomas Henderson
Peter B. Stubblefield , James Ables, Sally Russell
George Hardin, Reuben Cannon , Lewis Whitmore
Caron Norman, Richard Going et. Al
100. Major Brockman--Will-w. 21 Sept. 1825. Wife Elizabeth (land adj Gramt’s line); 3 younger children, Barney, Susannah, and Mary Brockman. Son John to have balance of land not willed to wife and Williamson Price and O’Briant. Exec: son John. Wit: James Hawley, Yellverton D. Hawley. Exec qualified.
April Court 1835
467. Inv. Property of Hannah Bastin decd by John Powell adm. Cash collected of Joseph Medcalf.
474. Sale of negroes of Littleberry Worsham to David Tranham, Gideon Turner, Nathaniel Lea, Hutchings Ferrell, Wm. H. Burnes. By Benjamin C. West. [still trying to fix a connection of Farrells to Robert Langwell]
43. Joseph Henderson--Will-w. 8 Jan. 1837. Brother Hiram Henderson (land on Moon’s Creek 360 acres adj. Nathaniel Slade, also gold watch); niece Mary B. Roan wife of Dr. Nathaniel M. Roan $500; niece Priscilla Jane Jones wife of Dr. Wiley Jones of Milton $500, niece Susan Henderson daughter of brother William Henderson $200; money left in trust for niece Martha Poteat wife of William Poteat and her children $400; nephew William Henderson son of brother William Henderson $200 for his tuition at school. Exec. To have 118 acres of land in Rockingham Co. NC., which was bought at sheriff’s sale t be held in trust for brother Thomas Henderson and his wife and children. Sister Hannah married to Thomas Yearby has removed from county and not heard from in years, but to have $1000 if alive or to go to her children. Nephew John Henderson son of brother John $200; other children of brother John. Nephew Zachariah Hooper son of sister Nancy Hooper $400. Rest of property divided into 9 parts and go to brothers Hiram, Samuel, Jacob, in trust for Thomas; children of brother William Henderson; sister Sally Holcomb, sister Martha Harrelson, children of sisters Priscilla Hooper wife of Woodlief Hooper, sister Nancy Hooper wife of Benjamin Hooper and he children to wit Zachariah, Eliza, Frank, Henry, Joseph, Elisha. Exec: brother Hiram Henderson. Wit: John Kerr Jr., William Cox. Exec qualified.
October court 1838
275. Elisha Rowark--Will-w. 2 Ma 1836, wife Elizabeth Rowark to have ½ of all estate for her life then to go to Elisha, Dorothy, Benjamin, and Nancy Rowark, children of William and Susan Rowark. Wit; Yearby Warren, Sieria G. Compton.
Ruth Langwell Walker
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|