As early at 1787, there was a Henry Ford named as a buyer of some estate items from a neighbor. There was also a Francis Ford who witnessed a Bill of Sale in 1788. This can help validate how early your ancestors were in Caswell County, NC.
1. January court 1798: Sale of estate of Peter Smith to: (lists many names) includes Simeon Ford.
2. Book D, 1801: Settlement of estate of Edwd. Mills, payments to (lists many names) includes Simon Ford.
3. Book E, 1807-1808: among insolvents for tax year 1806: Alex Ford.
4. Book E, 1808, sales of estate of Edmund Browning on 3 Sep 1807; sales to (lists many names) includes Mumford Ford.
5. December court, 1809: p. 103, inventory property of David Ford, decd, by Rebecca Ford, adm. Also, p. 103, sales estate of David Ford to Mrs. Ford, Robert Martin, James Page, John Gooch, Mumford Ford, Elizabeth Ford, Pleasant Rudd.
6. 1784 Tax List, Caswell Co., Caswell District: Simon Ford, 500 Acres, Hogans Creek, 1-0. Also, Gloucester District, Colvin Ford, 450 acres.
7. Insolvents for 1812 tax year: Larkin Ford.
8. Book H, 1818: p. 206, insolvents returned by George Williamson, Sheriff for 1814: George Ford, Enoch Ford.
9. Book I, 1821, p. 10, inventory estate of Benjamin Norman, 17 July 1820, sales estate to: John Ford
10. Book I, insolvents for 1818: Levy Ford
11. January court 1826, inventory estate of Thomas Wiley and sales to: (many names) includes Laban Ford.
12. Book L, sales estate of Nancy Rudd, decd, sold 30 Apr 1829, purchasers included Amos Ford. and sales personal property of James Yancey sold 4 Feb 1830 to ( many names), includes Laban Ford.
13. January Court 1834, Book M, p. 373, inventory of estate of SIMEON FORD, decd, by LABON FORD, administrator. Page 374, sales estate of SIMEON FORD, sold 6 Nov 1833, to Eli G. Ford, Pleasant Ford, Obediah Cruise, James Murphey, Hugh S. Murphey, Joseph P. Medcalf, Lucy Ford, Thomas Norman, Charles Toney, Daniel Reynolds, Washington Stubblefield, Martha Cruise, et al.
14. Book M, July court, 1835, p. 487, sales of Elizabeth Holloway to John Holloway, William Burton, (many names) includes Elijah FORD.
15. Book N, p. 140, account current of Simeon Ford, decd, by Labon Ford, Adm. Met at dwelling house of John Keesee, 30 Sep 1837. Payments to W.H. Nunnally, Thomas Carpenter, Pleasant L. Ford, Thomas Lea, John Ross & Co.
16. July court, Book N, 1838, inventory property of William H. Howard, taken 16 Apr 1838, bonds on Joseph Brackin, John N. Ford, et al. By Cary A. Howard, adm.
17. Book O, p. 117, insolvents removed before taxes due for 1839: included Elijah Ford (removed)
Book JJ 70, Burton Ford and Cyntha his wife, formerly Cyntha Everett of Caldwell Co., KY, to Thos. W. Graves of Caswell Co to receive from exec of John Everett, decd of Caswell Co., 13 June 1860.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|