Someone called me and told me that it was in the Morganton newspaper (sorry I don't have the name of the newspaper) that there had been a York Family Reunion. And they were wanting anyone who had information on William "Billy" York and Catherine York to contact them.
I don't have anything on William or Catherine York but my great grandmother was Mary Ann York who married William Dale. I am curious if the William York could be a brother or uncle of Mary Ann York. Mary Ann York had a sister, Dicey who married John Henry Dale.
Mary Ann York and Dicy were sisters and William Dale and John Henry Dale were brothers and both were married in Rutherford Co., NC according to information I have received.
Mary Ann and William Dale had a son, John Henry Dale (born 8-9-1829 died 12-14-1908, married Delia Emaline Bryson (born 6-21-1849 died 6-17-1917 in Cherokee Co. NC) and both are buried at Silver Creek Baptist Church, Burke Co., NC. I am not sure if John Henry was born in Cherokee Co. or Burke Co. but he was living in Cherokee Co. when he married Emaline and their first child, a daughter was born in Cherokee Co. John Henry and Emaline are (were) my great grandparents.
A lot of people named their children after uncles and grandfathers. So I am assuming that the second John Henry Dale (son of William Dale) was named after his uncle, John Henry Dale. I guess through the years it has become hard to figure out who was uncles, nephews, grandsons, without actuall dates.
John Henry and Emaline had four daughters and one son.
1) Suzanne Emaline Dale (born Oct. 30, 1875 in Cherokee Co., NC, died Sept. 24, 1952 in Shelby, NC.) married William "Bill" Dale.
2) Laura Quitman Dale (born 1880, died Dec. 25, 1946) married George Collett Fisher. Buried in Marion, McDowell Co.
3) Lilly Poe Dale (born Oct. 1884, died Nov. 1979) married David Hogue Lane. Buried at Silver Creek Baptist Church.
4) Ardie Ann Dale (born Dec. 5, 1886, died Dec. 26, 1972) married Lawson Gurley Houk on Oct. 9, 1909 (Lawson was born Jan. 4, 1886, died Nov. 15, 1952)(my grandparents). Buried at Silver Creek Baptist Church.
5) Joseph Mills "Joe" Dale (born April 1, 1889, died Sept. 26, 1967). Buried Silver Creek Baptist Church, Burke Co.
Any information on these families will be appreciated. Please e-mail me directly.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|