This is so exciting to learn. I have written a letter to the Jupiter Church near the Jupiter Cemetery in hopes that they can put me in touch with someone who might have a file on who is buried there. Maybe they can put me in touch with the Jupiter Cemetery Association. If Mira is there, I'd like to see her get a little headstone. I mean, after all, her great grandchildren are out here and doing pretty well. I hope she would be proud. Your aunt is helping to piece a lot of the puzzle together. Let's hope she can keep remembering. Isn't it a shame that we (I) didn't listen to these stories when my grandmother Kilpatrick was alive. Of course she had little information on Granddaddy's mother's family since Laura Elmira died when Granddaddy was only 8 years old. Granddaddy never talked about his mother, to me anyway. After all, I was a kid when he died.
If you don't mind, I'm going to forward your latest message to "Wayne and Pat". They are the descendants of the Lee Bell you see listed on the census reports as an adopted son. They had said that Lee Bell had "gone west" with somebody from the Hunter family. Perhaps that somebody was James.
Again, thanks to you and your aunt. My records are simply cut and pasted information that I've gathered. I'll try to send you more of what I have. Here goes:
1. William Hunter, b. abt. 1827
+Mary Elizabeth Banks, b. abt. 1829 in Madison Co, NC? (of course this would be Buncombe Co. before 1851)
2. Robert Vance Hunter, b. 6/11/1853, Madison Co.,d. 4/6/1937
+Sarah Kate Cole, b. Buncombe Co., NC
3. Wade M. Hunter, b. 11/16/1893, d. 12/11/1952
3. Venettie Hunter, b.9/4/1894, Madison Co., NC, Ivy, delayed birth (certificate) 12-079(?)
3. Carrie Hunter, b. 12/29/1895, Madison Co, Ivy, delayed birth 12-087
Horace E. Hunter, b. 7/1903, d. 4/16/1945
2. Martha Hunter, b. abt 1858
2. Laura E. Hunter, b. abt 1861
2. Harriot M. Hunter, b. abt 1863
2. James Marion Hunter, b. 5/31/1866, Marshall, Madison Co., NC, d. 2/14/1941
+Letitia "Tish" or "Lou" Delane Roberts, b. 4/22/1869, Jupiter, NC, d. 1/25/1937, NC
3. William Oliver Hunter, b. 5/10/1908, Marshall, delayed birth, 3:165, d. 6/1/1981
+ Fern Martin
3. Myrtle Jasper Hunter, b. 10/16/1909, d. 10/02/32
+ John Roger Brown, b. 4/6/1905, d. 3/1/1965
4. Mary Jean Brown, b. 7/2/1933, Black Mt., NC
+Stephen Burgin Roberts, Sr.
5. Susan Roberts, b. 4/12/1965
5. Stephen Burgin Roberts, Jr., b. 3/21/1969
5. Mary Teresa Roberts, b. 6/8/1963
+ John William Waddell
6. William Brennan Waddell, b. 1/9/94
4. Johnnie Louise Bradly Brown, b. abt 1935
5. Sandra Louise Linderman
5. Robin Linderman
2. Lee Bell, b. abt 1872 an adopted son
2. Emily Hunter
William Hunter, b. abt 1830 from census records, no death date.
m. Mary Elizabeth Banks 9/30/?
2. Robert V.
2. Emily, age 5 in 1860 but not shown in 1870
2. Martha, shown in 1860/70 but not 1880
2. Mira, listed as Laura E.
2. Harriet M.
2. James M.
Adopted son Lee Bell
All born in Madison Co.
Robert V. b. ca 1851/53in Madison, NC
m. Sarah Catherine "Sally Kate" Cole, b. ca 1860 in Alexander, Buncombe Co., NC to Jeremiah Cole and wife Jane Fox Cole, d. 11/26/1931 and buried Jupiter Methodist Cemetery.
From delayed birth records of Madison Co., NC
Lula Hunter, b. 5/24/1893 in Marshall, Cert #10-155
Venetta Hunter, b. 9/4/1894 in Ivy Twp., Cert. #12:079
Carrie Hunter, b. 12/29/1895 in Ivy Twp., cert. #12:087
In Sarahs obit found the following:
a Mrs. O. F. Patton of Jupiter
Lorin Hunter of Marshall (sp. Loarn) died 12/21/1937
in Buncombe Co., #DC (death certificate) 24-1173
Mrs L. R. Edwards of Swannanoa, NC
Mrs. L. J. Dickey of Jupiter
Wade Marion Hunter of Jupiter, he died 11 Dec. 1952, DC #39-761 in Buncombe Co., married Edna Mae Fisher
Grady Hunter of Oteen, NC
Horace Hunter of Marshall
Howard Hunter of Marshall, d. 5/27/1964, Buncombe Co., DC #51-714
James Marion Hunter
from death certificate, b. 5/31/1866, Madison Co., d. 2/14/1941 in Buncombe Co., but Bowman Rector in Madison Co., was the F>H (funeral home?)
m. 3/18/1908 in Buncombe to Letitia Delane Roberts, b. 4/22/1896 in Jupiter, NC, d. 1/25/1937. She was d/o of William Jasper Roberts and Ellender Holcombe Roberts. They were married by A.P. Reece, J. P., witnesses were Rome Hunter, Annie Lee Hunter and J. H. Roberts
Myrtle Hunter who married a ? Brown, daughter Mary Jean Brown who married a ? Roberts
William Oliver Hunter, delayed birth records of Madison Co. show he was born 5/10/1908 in Marshall, NC
Guess I'd better not paste anymore. I might blow Genforum slap up.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|