This is our brick wall on our Rhodes line. We have made contact with two other lines of
descendants but that's not many out of 12 kids. Mostly hoping to find out more about George and
Delitha's ancestors, but would also be thrilled to make contact with other "cousins".
George Rhodes born March 21, 1792 in Littleriver, Buncombe Co., NC married December 21,
1815 to Delitha Tiwater born March 22, 1797. George served in the war of 1812 and they
sometimes spelled his name Roads and Rhoades. Ca 1817, George decided NC was getting "too
crowded" and moved off to the "wilderness" of Missouri. George and Delitha both died on
October 23, 1863 - the family history says they just couldn't cope with being forced from their
home by the Union forces. Their children are:
1. Elizabeth Rhodes b. 11-4-1816 d. 6-22-1906 married Fields Bledsoe
2. John Rhodes b. 7-3-1818 d. ? married ?
3. Peter Rhodes b 11-29-1820 d. ? married ?
4. James Monroe Rhodes b. 1-5-1823 married Sarah Wright. (we have contact with a
descendant from this line)
5. William Charles Rhodes b. 5-18-1825 d. 5-24-1907 married 10-12-1879 to Micha Ellen
Russell (we have contact with a descendant of Micha's sister) - this is my husband's line.
6. Samuel Rhodes b. 1-22-1828 married 10-12-1879 to Sarah Johnson
7. Nancy Rhodes b. 8-2-1830 d. ? married ?
8. Delitha Jane Rhodes b. 3-30-1833 married 7-5-1853 James Sen
9. Henry Rhodes b. 10-27-1835 married Hetty Ann Ballard
10. Jacob Rhodes b. 9-13-1838 married 10-14-1866 to Annie Ford (?)
11. Rachel Rhodes b. 3-10-1841 married Steve Austin
12. Andrew Jackson Rhodes born 12-27-1843
Hoping to hear from some "new cousins"..Linda
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|