How to join the Nabors/Neighbors project at the Family Tree DNA web site:
1) connect to the Internet then visit the web site for Family Tree DNA;
2) log in, using your “username” and “password;” you will be taken to the next page;
3) you will see MY PROJECT GROUPS (it’s on the left side of the screen and near the top) and immediately below this you will see JOIN PROJECTS; click this and you will be taken to the next screen;
4) at this screen, you will see JOIN A GROUP near the top of the page followed by “matching projects” and then, continuing farther down, numerous projects of various types. The first type listed will be “surname,” but only the first letter of the alphabet is listed: the one you want is the letter “N” (the number appended to it is simply the number of projects that begin with that letter); click this and you will be taken to the next page;
5) at this screen, you will find “Nabors/Neighbors;” click this and you will be taken to the next page;
6) at this screen, you will see the button in the lower right corner labeled, JOIN: click this and you are done!
For privacy reasons, FTDNA will not automatically “enroll” you so you must join.
If your written records have left you with a “brick wall” DNA testing can help overcome this. The hope is that you will meet some other person (via e-mail) that will have better records than you do and in this manner you can fill in the blank spots. Your e-mail address is never given out but if you wish, you can be sent an “alert” by FTDNA, that someone has matched your DNA. It is there that you can, if you wish, contact that other person.
As the Nabors/Neighbors Family Project Administator, I hope that you join.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|