Regarding Tullibardine Murray Family & DNA. We have a number of men in the project who may be related to this family.
The best way to clarify this family lineage is via the yDNA test that I mentioned earlier. We still do not have any participants from your wife's father's line that we know of have joined the project. That will be the best way to establish this lineage & to see if David Robert & Andrew match any other line already within the project. I shall also send this to Wil Murray.
The landed gentry in Scotland, even titled Earls & so on still apprenticed younger sons with Edinburgh merchants and it is possible that Andrew's line has sprung from one of these. David Murray Stabler Burgess Edinburgh?
Within my personal database I do have this couple- Andrew Murray & ANN ERSKINE.
Andrew Murray of the Tolbooth Kirk Parish of Edinburgh lived and worked in that area during the 1760's & 1770's where there children were all born.
The records I have notes Andrew as a Barber & Wigmaker of Tolbooth Kirk Parish.
Ann Erskine's father was Alexander Erskine a Burgess Blacksmith & Farrier of Edinburgh of New Greyfriars Kirk Parish.
Andrew appears to have had brothers. Robert Murray Shoemaker of Portsburgh parish & David Murray Stabler of Old Greyfriars Kirk Parish Edinburgh were witnesses to children's births indicating kinship.
The Father of Andrew also appears to have been a David Murray Senior Stabler of Old Greyfriars Parish Edinburgh.
76. ROBERT MURRAY - International Genealogical Index / BI
Gender: Male Birth: 08 MAY 1770 Edinburgh Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland
28/12/1760 Murray Andrew & Ann Erskine EDINBURGH: Andrew Murray Barber and Wigmaker Burgess in Tolbooth kirk parish and Ann Erskine daughter to Alexander Erskine (Black)smith and Ferrier (Farrier) Burgess in new gray friars parish-Barber were married.
1. ALEXANDER MURRAY - Birth: 22 NOV 1761 Edinburgh Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland Named after mother's father Alexander Erskine?
2.ANNE MURRAY -Birth: 15 JUL 1763 Edinburgh Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland Named for mother's mother?
3. EUPHAME MURRAY Birth: 11 MAY 1765 Edinburgh Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland Named for Father's mother?
4. DAVID MURRAY - Birth: 27 JUL 1766 Edinburgh Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland Named for father's father?
5 ANDREW MURRAY - Birth: 11 DEC 1767 Edinburgh Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland Named for father?
6. ISOBELL MURRAY -Birth: 15 MAY 1769 Edinburgh Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland Named for mothers sister?
7. ALEXANDER MURRAY - Birth: 03 OCT 1773 Edinburgh Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland 1st Alex died? or father's brother Alex.
8. ANDREW MURRAY - Christening: 09 JAN 1772 Edinburgh Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland 1st Andrew died so named for him?
9. ANN MURRAY - Birth: 21 MAY 1776 Edinburgh Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland 1st Ann died, so named for her?
10. Robert Murray -Birth 06 JUN 1779 Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland Named for father's brother or uncle.
ROBERT MURRAY -Christening: 21 JUN 1779 Edinburgh Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland
I have the details regarding witness' at each birth & can send those details separately.
Please email me at the following address hereunder:
Shall also look deeper into Andrew's parentage.
Please pass these links on to any Murray relatives.
JOIN MURRAY CLAN DNA RESEARCH PROJECT:
Murray Clan DNA Research Project,
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|