Looking for more information on these ancestors
Descendants of John Murray
Generation No. 1
1. JOHN1 MURRAY was born Bet. 1798 - 1800 in Armagh, Ireland, and died May 20, 1866 in Sherrington, Napierville County, Quebec. He married MARY SMITH (Smythe) Abt. 1823 in Ireland. She was born Bet. 1797 - 1802 in Armagh, Ireland, and died October 1873 in Sherrington, Napierville County, Quebec.
Murrays all born in Armagh, Ireland
Emigrated to Canada during the time of the Irish Famine which was (1845-1850 when over 1,000,000 died and led to the largest immigration ever - up to 2 million immigrated). 3 sons and 3 daughters all survived ship fever but others may have died at sea. Immigration date may have been 1853
Children of JOHN MURRAY and MARY SMITH are:
2. i. BERNARD2 MURRAY, b. Bet. 1830 - 1843, Armagh, Ireland; d. Sherbrooke, Quebec.
3. ii. MARGARET MURRAY, b. Bet. 1824 - 1827, Armagh, Ireland; d. 1912, Montreal.
4. iii. MARY ANNE MURRAY, b. August 15, 1831, Armagh County, Ireland or Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada; d. September 09, 1907, Montreal, Canada.
iv. ELLEN MURRAY, b. October 11, 1833, Armagh, Ireland; d. March 08, 1913, Montreal; m. DAVID SMITH.
v. JOHN MURRAY, b. December 20, 1835, Armagh County, Ireland.
vi. MATTHEW MURRAY, b. August 16, 1840, Armagh County, Ireland.
5. vii. WILLIAM M. MURRAY, b. October 05, 1842, Armagh County, Ireland; d. 1877, Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke County, Quebec.
viii. EDWARD MURRAY, b. May 12, 1844, Armagh County, Ireland.
6. ix. JAMES MURRAY, b. August 15, 1846, Armagh County, Ireland; d. August 06, 1912, Maple Creek Township, Outagamie County, WI.
Generation No. 2
2. BERNARD2 MURRAY (JOHN1) was born Bet. 1830 - 1843 in Armagh, Ireland, and died in Sherbrooke, Quebec. He married MARY ANN MCGRATH April 20, 1863 in St. Patrick's, R.C., Montreal, daughter of EDWARD MCGRATH and MARY SHANNON. She was born in County Wicklow, Ireland.
Notes for BERNARD MURRAY:
St. Patrick's, R.C., Montreal, April 20, 1863 - M48
Bernard Murray of St. Patrick's of Sherrington, Que., son of John Murray and of Mary Smith TO: Mary Ann McGrath, daughter of dec. Edward McGrath, farmer, and of dec. Mary Shannon of Co.Wicklow, Ireland
Wit: William Murray and Margaret Morrissey
More About BERNARD MURRAY:
Misc.: Name could be spelled Barnard
More About MARY ANN MCGRATH:
Misc. 1: Immigrated to Canada at age 8 and lived to be 83 years old
Misc. 2: Had 10 grandchildren
Children of BERNARD MURRAY and MARY MCGRATH are:
i. 2 SONS3 MURRAY.
ii. 2 DAUGHTERS MURRAY.
3. MARGARET2 MURRAY (JOHN1) was born Bet. 1824 - 1827 in Armagh, Ireland, and died 1912 in Montreal. She married WILLIAM KELLY in Likely married in Ireland. He was born 1823 in Portadown, County of Armagh, Ireland, and died 1899 in Montreal.
More About WILLIAM KELLY:
Misc.: Name could be spelled Kelley
Children of MARGARET MURRAY and WILLIAM KELLY are:
i. WILLIAM JOHN3 KELLY, d. March 1919, Montreal.
ii. MARGARET KELLY, d. April 02, 1915, Montreal; m. JOHN ROGERS.
4. MARY ANNE2 MURRAY (JOHN1) was born August 15, 1831 in Armagh County, Ireland or Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada, and died September 09, 1907 in Montreal, Canada. She married JOHN PATRICK "PATRICK" HUGHES in Likely married in Quebec. He was born Abt. 1835 in Armagh, Ireland or Plattsburg, NY or Quebec, and died Bef. 1901.
5. WILLIAM M.2 MURRAY (JOHN1) was born October 05, 1842 in Armagh County, Ireland, and died 1877 in Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke County, Quebec. He married AMELIA MOREAU May 25, 1868.
Notes for WILLIAM M. MURRAY:
Sherbrooke (2001 population 75,916, post-merger population 141,200) is a city in south-eastern Quebec, Canada. It is the only major city in the Eastern Townships. Although originally settled in the early 19th century by anglophones, it is today a primarily francophone city.
Located at the confluence of the Saint-François River and Magog River, the city is in the centre of an important agricultural region with many dairy farms. There is also some industry in the region. An important business is the manufacture of hockey sticks: more hockey sticks are made in Sherbrooke than anywhere else in the world.
More About WILLIAM M. MURRAY:
Misc. 1: Mayor of Sherbrooke
Misc. 2: Could have been born between 42-=44
Children of WILLIAM MURRAY and AMELIA MOREAU are:
i. MARY ANN3 MURRAY.
ii. WILLIAM MURRAY, d. 1961.
iii. ALLAN MURRAY, b. Sherbrooke, Quebec.
iv. WILHELMINA MURRAY, b. Drummondville, Quebec.
v. ARNOLD MURRAY, d. Derby Line, VT.
11. vi. AMELIA MURRAY.
6. JAMES2 MURRAY (JOHN1) was born August 15, 1846 in Armagh County, Ireland, and died August 06, 1912 in Maple Creek Township, Outagamie County, WI. He married MARGARET HEFFERNAN June 17, 1868 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, daughter of JAMES HEFFERNAN and ANN HENNEBERY. She was born March 15, 1846 in New Ross, County Wexford, Ireland, and died July 19, 1908 in New London, Maple Creek Twp., Outagamie County, WI.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|