Margaret must be part of this family then. These are amongst the earliest Scotch settlers in the Miramichi
Descendants of Joh n Murdock, Sr.
1. JOHN1 MURDOCK, SR. was born 1735 in Banffsh ire, Scotland. He married JEANETTE MALCOLM, daughter of JOHN MALCOLM. She was born 1742 in Scotland, and died September 11, 1827.
Notes for JOHN MURDOCK, SR.:
It was known that the Murdocks and a few families that stayed in the Miramichi blockaded themselves in a Block house on the Murdock Property and defended themselves from maurauding Indians in the 1700's. The Murdock relatives still live in the area formerly known as Loggieville, now known asMiramichi City, as well as the Murray family lineage.
More About JOHN MURDOCK, SR.:
Burial: Bartibog, RCCemetery
Child of JOHN MURDOCK and JEANETTE MALCOLM is:
2. i. JOHN2 MURDOCK, JR., b. 1783, NB; d. May 25, 1813, Barbibog, NB.
2. JOHN2 MURDOCK, JR. (JOHN1) wa s born 1783 in NB., and died May 25, 1813 in Barbibog, NB. He married CATHERINE MCINNES July 16, 1810 in Bartibog, daughter of DONALD MCGINNES and MARY MCGINNES. She was born 1791.
Notes for JOHN MURDOCK, JR.:
According to 1851 census, John was a farmer.
Children of JOHN MURDOCK and CATHERINE MCINNES are:
3. i. ALE XANDER3 MURDOCK, b.December 28, 1810.
4. ii. JOHN MURDOCK, b. September 21, 1812, Loggieville, NB.; d. Septem ber 02, 1858.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|