MUNLEY, McNULTY, CANADIE, GLINSKY, FITZPATRICK, CONSTANTINO, MORAN, BRENNAN, NELSON, WALKER, FORREST, WALSH, MONAHAN, BROPHY, MUIR.
These are the Munleys of Carbondale PA who lived on Brooklyn Street. They also lived on South Hospital Street in Carbondale, PA for a while prior to Brooklyn Street. The little ones where raised by Mary and Anne after the death of their parents. Mary and Anne where little more than children themselves but looked after and kept the household. The older brothers helped by contributing income from their jobs. The house on Brooklyn Street is known to them, and their descendants, as the Munley Homestead.
Below is what is known in the way of vitals and it is hoped that other relatives will help fill in what they can. James Munley and Nora McNulty are my great grandparents. The Munleys are Irish from Connacht Province’s County Mayo.
JAMES MUNLEY (born Abt 1867 Pennsylvania, USA) and NORA McNULTY (B Abt 1874 Pennsylvania, USA) who where married in 1892 at St Rose of Lima Church, Carbondale PA.
(SEE: Lackawanna County Marriage Licenses Index - Volume 28, Page 3: M to R - License # 9809 of 1892 - Volume 28, page 182.)
Nora (McNULTY) MUNLEY passed away on May 5, 1918. (SEE: Lackawanna County Index of Wills for 1915 through 1927 No. 667 of 1918.)
James MUNLEY’s date of death is unknown.
They had nine children:
1) THOMAS - born in 1894 - He married Helen CANADIE from Simpson, PA and they had one daughter whom they named Nora. Thomas was killed in an auto accident in a year unknown on Labor Day. Nora married 1st an unknown FORREST and 2nd John WALSH. Nora passed away in her 40’s.
2) JAMES - born in 1896 - Never married. He was best man at his brother Paul’s wedding.
3) MICHAEL - born in 1897 - He married Helen GLINSKY and they had two children. 1) Margaret a/k/a “Peggy who became a school teacher. 2) Michallan (spelling?) who married an unknown MONAHAN from the Carbondale PA area. (Have photo)
4) LEO - born in 1898 - He married Francis FITZPATRICK and they had one son James. They moved to New Jersey, USA. (Have photo)
5) RAYMOND - born in 1904 - He married Julia CONSTANTINO and they had one son Roland. (Have photo)
6) MARY - born in 1906 – She married Francis MORAN and they had two children 1) Frank and 2) Lenore. Lenore married a BROPHY.
7) ANNE - born in 1907 - She married William Brennan but they had no children having
married to late in life.
8) JOSEPH - born in 1908 – He married Bernadine Ruth NELSON and they had three children 1) Bernadine 2) Joseph and 3) Eugenia Rita. Joseph passed away in 1946. Bernadine remarried to Joseph W. MUIR who passed away in 1993. Bernadine passed away in 2009 at the age of 96.
Daughter Bernadine married Robert W. Munley of Archbald, PA, another Munley line from County Mayo. (Have photos)
9) PAUL - born in 1916 married Sally Walker. They had one son named Richard. Richard moved to California, USA. (Have wedding day photo)
Best regards cousins;
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|