RANGE RIDERS MUSEUM
The Range Riders Museum was built on the site of the 1876 Fort Keogh cantonment and was opened in August, 1941. This privately financed museum is located where General Nelson A Miles constructed Cantonment #1 to secure the area in the aftermath of the Custer Battle.
The Range Riders Organization was founded in 1939 by a group of cowboy-stockmen. It has grown since to include nine buildings. The hub of the complex is the original log building completed in 1941.
The Bert Clark Gun Collection features over 400 firearms. The Fort Keogh Officers' Quarters, Coach House, Homestead House, and One-Room School are full of donated artifacts. The museum is located at the west end of Main Street.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|