I am looking for information on Martha Patsy Poe first wife of Leroy Carrell.
Martha Patsy Poe was born 1827 in Oktibbeha County, Mississippi and died 1862 in Starkville, Mississippi. She married Leroy Carrell (1820 Georgia-1886 San Saba, San Saba County, Texas) on 1842 in Pickens County, Alabama.
The children of the union were:
1. George McDaniel Carrell born March 26, 1844 in Pickens County, Alabama and died November 23, 1922 in Winston County, Alabama. He married Drusilla S. Wells 1867.
2. Elizabeth Sarah Carrell born March 19, 1846 in Pickens County, Alabama and died March 1882. She married J. W. Roach on March 2, 1865 in Oktibbeha County, Mississippi.
3. Mary Jane Carrell born March 1849 in Pickens County, Alabama and died March 1882 in Dew, Freestone County, Texas. She married Francis Mathew Woodall January 2, 1862 in Oktibbeha County, Mississippi.
4. William Thomas Carrell born April 12, 1852 in Pickens County, Alabama and died January 15, 1915
5. Martha Mattie Carrell born June 20, 1853 in Oktibbeha County, Mississippi and died December 20, 1940 in McFarland, California. She married Cornelious Cozart in Comanche County, Texas.
6. Melissa Carrell born 1858 in Oktibbeha County, Mississippi
Some say Martha was full-blooded Indian, some say she was half-blooded. I do not know. The one and only photo I have seen of her, she is very pretty.
I would sure like to visit with anyone who knows “anything” about Martha and can move me forward with this line. You may e-mail me at my home address: firstname.lastname@example.org or my work address Lbrown@dmavtc.edu or through this web site.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|