In my records on WILLIAMSONS I have quite a number of MOYES that are connected to my WILLIAMSON. The first one that I have found is as such:
10. SUSANNAH WILLIAMSON, (dau. of JAMES WILLIAMSON, died March 1797 in Darlington Co., S.C., who was the son of WILLIAM WILLIAMSON, will in Old Craven Co., S.C., Prince Fredericks Parish, dated Oct. 1767. WILLIAM had lived in old Johnston Co., N.C., on Bear Creek that runs into the Neuse River, with his wife, MARY, and family before moving onto a landgrant in S.C., given to him c1730s.)
SUSANNAH WILLIAMSON died 14 July 1849 in Darlington Co., SC. She married GEORGE CANNON 21 Aug. 1794, who died 30 April 1813. Their first child, SARAH CANNON, born 11 May 1796; died 16 Mar. 1858. She married WILLIAM LESLIE MOYE, born 1794; died 6 June 1848; son of JOHN MOYE and PATIENCE (_____?_______). Their issue were:
1. GEORGE HENRY MOYE (CAPT.), born 1819; died 25 Jan. 1881; buried in Coy, Alabama. He married ANNA MARIE (MOYE) MOYE.
2. SARAH ANN L. MOYE, born 1825. She married JOHN JULIUS MILLING.
3. AUGUSTUS WASHINGTON MOYE, born 6 Feb. 1824; died 30 May 1887; buried in Ebenezer Church Cemetery, Florence Co., SC. He married LOUISA A. (MULDROW - was McMULDROW) MOYE.
4. WILLIAM ROLAND MOYE, born 1827.
5. THEODORE ADOLPHUS MOYE, born 1829.
6. JAMES A. C. MOYE, born 1833. He married MARTHA (PARNELL) MOYE, born 1835, daughter of CALVIN SYLVESTER PARNELL and MARY NANCY WELCH.
I have more generational progeny.
Does anyone have any records of the original MOYES/MOYS, such as where they lived in the U.K., where they first lived, when they moved to SC, and any connection with the WILLIAMSON FAMILY, either in NC or SC?
Thanks for any help.
BOBBIE WILLIAMSON-DABBS LEDBETTER
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|