a. 1880 US Federal Census, Saline, St. Genevieve County, MO, which reveal:
COUNTS, J.W.; Head; b. Abt 1829; Age 51; POB: Self - TN; Father - TN; Mother - VA; Occupation - Farmer
COUNTS, Harriet E.; Wife; b. Abt 1830; Age 50; POB: Self - MO; Father - IRE; Mother - MO
TURNER, John G.; Relationship ?; b. Abt 1872; Age 8; POB: Self - TN; Father - TN; Mother - TN
b. Your RootsWeb's WorldConnect Project Databases #2010136 and #chip2per.
c. Page 369, Marriage Records of St. Francois County, MO, which reveal: "John TURNER of Farmington, St. Francois County, MO, over 21; Mary McCUTCHEON of Farmington, St. Francois County, MO, over 18; 6 March 1897 license; married on 7 Farmington (sic) 1897 by R. C. Tucker, JP at Farmington, St. Francois Co., Mo.; filed 8 March 1897; the hand written index has Mary McCutchion."
2. My name is Jimmie Dayton MAINS and I am trying to trace my paternal ancestry.
3. My father was Dayton Lee TURNER. He was born 27 Aug 1904 in Farmington, St. Francois County, MO and died
26 Dec 1963 in St. Louis, MO.
4. I believe that my grandfather was John G. TURNER, born 1872 in Tennessee and died (probably) in Missouri. He must have moved to St. Genevieve County, MO, prior to 8 years of age when, according to the 1880 US Federal Census (reference 1a, above), he was found living in the household of James William COUNTS and his wife, Harriet. I do not know what happened to John's parents, why he moved from Tennessee to Missouri or what was his relationship to the COUNTS' family.
5. I also believe that the Mary Elizabeth (Malinda?) McCUTCHEON, born 1878, daughter of William McCutcheon and Mary Jane FENDER, documented in your Database (reference 1b, above) could be the same Mary McCUTCHEON who married John TURNER and was mentioned in the Marriage Record (reference 1c, above).
6. Mary McCUTCHEON and her ancestors are well documented in your Database. Although your record does not contain details about the union between John and Mary TURNER, I wonder if you may have additional information that could assist me in my quest for information about my grandfather, John, and his ancestors?
7. Thank you for posting your extremely valuable Database on the Internet and for any additional assistance you and others may provide.
Jimmie D. Mains
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|