The Nickell's Grove Baptist Church was 4 miles east of Oregon, Missouri, on US 59, then 4 miles north and 1/2 mile east on Route A. Land was deeded to build the church 4 Oct 1860, Nodaway Twp, South side of teh SE quater of Section 8. Twp 60n, Range 37w. A church and graveyard were established. At the start of the Civil War the church had 152 members. It was disbanded, but still standing in 1882. As of 1979 there was little trace left except an occasional relic. The cemetery fell into neglect and no visual evidence remains.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|