I'm searching for information regarding James M. Moore and Martha Wooldridge, my wife's GG-grandparents. Known so far:
1. James was born on 18 Sep 1813 in Butler Co KY. His parents are unknown.
2. James married to Martha M.M. Wooldridge on 23 Feb 1841 possibly in Butler Co. According to later census records, Martha was born in VA--her parents are unknown.
3. James and Martha bore at least two children while they lived in Butler Co: Sarah Elizabeth (b. 20 Mar 1845) and Frances E. (ca. 1847).
4. James, Martha and family migrated sometime before the 1850 US census to Morgan Co IL, where they lived and bore additional children: Samuel Thomas (b. 1850), Margaret E. (ca. 1854), Martha E. (ca. 1859) and James Granville (b. 2 Feb 1862). James and Martha are listed in the 1850 US census for Morgan Co, shown as living at Dwelling #2294 as family #2344. Sarah, Frances and Samuel are listed in this census. Also living in their household then was a 18 year old Matilda Wooldridge (possible younger sister of Martha's) and a 9 year old John Scott (relationship unknown). James is listed as being a blacksmith in that census, and it is believed that the Moores lived in the vicinty of the town of Waverly in east Morgan Co. No 1860 census record for James and Martha has been found so far, nor have I found a record of any military service by James in the Civil War.
5. They later moved to Dade Co MO where their last known child was born (William E., ca. 1866). They are listed in the 1870 census of Marion Township: James, Martha, Samuel, Margaret, Martha, James Granville and William, plus a 19 year old Cynthia Neill (relationship unknown). They are also listed in the 1880 census of Cedar Township, Dwelling #131. James, Martha, James Granville and William are shown. In this census record, James' parents are listed as both being born in VA.
6. They finally settled in Barry Co MO. James died on 4 Sep 1897 in Barry Co; Martha died on 7 Dec 1910 in neighboring Stone Co MO) and they are buried (Mineral Spring Cemetery, Barry Co MO), along with their sons Samuel and James Granville and daughter Sarah Elizabeth Moore Stumpff and their respective families.
Information about James and Martha and leads about their possible Moore and Wooldridge family kin in KY and VA would be appreciated.
Regards, John Reid
P.O. Box 7164
Libertyville IL 60048
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|