Needing a lot of information on the following Funk family. Especially, Charles Funk and his son Henry S. Funk and some of Henry Funk Children.
1st Generation- Ray Co. MO 1850
Charles Funk, age 50 TN; Children all born in TN are: Rachel Funk, William F.Funk, Henry Funk, Sarah Funk.
2nd Generation- Henry S. Funk-Caldwell Co. MO 1860
Henry S. Funk born in TN or KY marries Mary Schooler and have moved to Caldwell Co. and they have one child: William.
3rd Generation- Henry S. Funk-Benton Co. MO 1870
Henry S. Funk age 37 MO farmer, wife Mary age 35 TN, have moved from MO to AR; Children: (1)William T. age 11 MO, (2)Nathan age 9 MO, (3) Mary E.(Molly) age 7 MO, (4) Sally Jane, age 5 MO, (5) Lucy A. age2 AR.
Henry S. and Mary Funk have either died or were killed sometime between 1870 and 1880. The young children were all left as orphans The family scattered and some of them have been found in different locations living with other relatives.
1. William T. Funk b. abt 1859, is believed to have married and remained in Benton Co. AR or Barry Co. MO.
2. Nathan Funk-(1861-1940) marries in 1882 to Sarah Son in Barry Co. MO. Evidently Sarah died young and no children were born to this union. In 1885 Nathan Funk marries 2/wSarah Mackey, in Barry Co. MO. By 1900 Nathan is living in Sebastian Co. AR and then by 1910 he is in Jasper Co. where he remains rest of his life. Known children: James, Martha, Adaline, Newton, and Lillie.
3. Mary E. (Molly) Funk born abt. 1860 could have married a Richard or Richardson. In 1880 Mary is living with Andrew and Nancy Jane (Schooler) Phillips, in Benton Co. AR. She is a niece to Nancy Jane Phillips.
4.Sally Jane Funk (1866-1930) marries Doctor B.Franklin Wilson in Stone Co. MO in1883. They move on to CO and later to CA. Children: Nancy, Freddie, Alfred, Osten, Thomas, Nathan, Marion, Minnie & Lola. In the 1880 census, Sally Jane Funk is listed as an orphan and living with Wm. & Jane (Schooler) Brown and is there niece. We believe that were married in Barry Co. MO and then moved to Stone Co. Mo taking Sally Jane Funk and Nannie Funk also an orphan with them.. .
5.Lucy Funk born 1868 Barry Co. MO m. Geo. Pendergraft in Barry Co. MO. Lucy and her little sister Lilly are found wondering down a road alone and are picked and taken in by the Pendergraft and the Shepard families in Barry Co. MO. Geo & Lucy (Funk) Pendergraft have 8 children: Floyd, Lillie, Lee, Charley, Stella, Herbert, Ora, Myrtle.
(6) Lilly Pendergraft is born in Benton AR about 1872. She is also left as an orphan and Wm. Julia (Schooler) and Hawk/Houck adopts Lilly.
(7) Newton is believed he might have died as a young man. We have no info. on him.
There is a possibility that there may be more children. Any help would be appreciated. Will be glad to exchange information.
(8) Nannie Funk m. J.B.Wickcliff, Stone Co. in 1887. Could not be found after they married.
804 So. Bridge Ave.
Weslaco TX 78596
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|