I have a book, "Pioneers and Patriots, A Roberts Famiy History", written in 1987 by Carol Roberts Williamson. It has as far back as William Roberts, born abt 1791-92 in KY, died 1851-54 in Perry, Marion Co., IN. The book does not give his first wife's name. His second wife was Julia Ann Huffington. The children of William from his first wife were
(1) James M., born 20 Sep 1815 in KY, died 10 Jan 1865 in Louisville, KY. (This is my husband's gg-grandfather. We have pictures we took last year of his headstone in Cave Hill National Cemetery.) James married Elizabeth Kime on 27 Nov 1836 in Marion Co., IN.
(2) John K., born 1817 in KY, died 1864-67. He married Martha Ann Garshwiler 28 Oct 1847 in Johnson Co., IN.
(3) Newton Roberts, born 1828 in KY, died 1871 in St. Joseph, MO. He married Jane Mullis 22 Aug 1850.
(4) unknown, born 1825-30 in KY.
(5) Andrew Jackson Roberts, born 1830-31 in IN, died 20 Mar 1876 in Atchison Co., MO.
(6) unknown, born 1830-35 in IN.
(7) Jemima, born 1833-34 in IN, married Joshua D. Boardman.
(8) unknown, born 1835-40 in IN.
(9) unknown, born 1835-40 in IN.
From the book:
William Roberts was born in Kentucky, of Scotch-Irish ancestry ca. 1791-92. He had nine children: James M. Roberts (our ancestor), who married Elizabeth Kime; John K. Roberts, a Captain in the U.S. Army, belonging to and Indiana Regiment and who died in the Indiana ca. 1867; Newton Roberts, also a Captain in the U.S. Army, belonging to a Missouri Regiment, and who died at St. Joseph, Missouri ca. 1871; three daughters and a son born between 1825 and 1840; also Andrew Jackson Roberts born in Indiana 1830-31; and another daughter, Jemima born 1833-34, who married Joshua D. Boardman.
Between 1828-1830, he moved his family to Marion County, Indiana, near present-day Indianapolis. His wife died between 1840-50 in Johnson County, Indiana, and in 1850, he married Julia Ann Huffington. William died in Perry Township, Marion County, Indiana, ca. 1851-54.
Do you know if you are related to this line? Or can you tell me if one of the unnamed children of William would be Squire Roberts?
Tracy Weirich Turner
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|