Found an online family tree for Charles Millard Rector at RootsWeb!
CHARLES MILARD RECTOR
b: 1820 in Grainger, Tennessee
Married: Aug 1841 in Hamilton, Indiana
Father: Eli Rector b: 1 Nov 1781 in Fauquier County, VA
Mother: Lydia Starns b: 1795 in Washington Co., VA
The Rootsweb tree says Charles married three times.
SPOUSE: Hester Ann Smith
Birth: 19 Aug 1824 in North Carolina
Death: 10 Feb 1862 in Modena, Mercer Co., Missouri
Burial: Old Union Cemetery, Modena, Mercer Co., Missouri
CHILDREN of CHARLES and HESTER
1) Martha Ann Rector b: 16 Jun 1842 in Hamilton Co., IN
2) Jacob L. Rector b: Bet 20 Dec 1843 and 1845 in Hamilton Co., IN
3) Jesse R. Rector b: 1846 in Hamilton Co., IN
4) Sarah Elizabeth Rector b: 20 Jun 1848 in Hamilton Co., IN
5) Lydia C. Rector b: Bet 1849 and 1850 in Hamilton Co., IN
6) Henrietta "Henrety" Rector b: 1853 in Mercer Co., MO
7) George Washington Rector b: Bet 20 Dec 1856 and 1857 in Mill Grove or Madison Twp., Mercer Co., MO
8) Matilda Caroline Rector b: Bet 26 Jan 1859 and 1862 in Madison Twp., Mercer Co., MO
9) Charles Wesley Rector b: Bet 1859 and 1862 in Madison Twp., Mercer Co., MO
MORE ABOUT Matilda Caroline Rector according to the family tree:
Birth: Bet 26 Jan 1859 and 1862 in Madison Twp., Mercer Co., MO
Death: 26 Jan 1945 in Osceola, Clark Co., IA
Burial: Leon Cemetery, Clark Co., IA
Married William Castleton Gibson b: 17 Jan 1856 in Mercer Co., MO
Married: 2 Apr 1882 in Leon, Decatur Co., IA
1) Augusta May Gibson b: 7 May 1883 in Leon, Decatur Co., IA
2) Ida Dell Gibson b: 4 Sep 1885 in Leon, Decatur Co., IA
3) Bert McClellan Gibson b: 25 Oct 1888 in Leon, Decatur Co., IA
4) Lula Bella Gibson b: 14 Jan 1893 in Leon, Decatur Co., IA
5) Eva Grace Gibson b: 24 Oct 1894 in Leon, Decatur Co., IA
6) Wilah Mina Gibson b: 8 Jul 1898 in Leon, Decatur Co., IA
Wilah's spouse is listed as "Unknown," but her marriage date is shown as 01 July 1924 in Decatur County, Iowa, so the creator of the tree simply chose not to post her spouse's name. Tree creator has surname Rector. This would be a good person to talk with about Wilah's ancestry on her mother's side:
A final note: There are other people named Matilde Rector and Matilde Gibson, including one similar Matilde in Oklahoma (where Kiowa people would be more likely to be found). I have been wondering whether the newspaper article you are seeking referred to someone other than "your" Matilde but with a similar name. Was your grandmother very sure of the identity of the person in the article? And, is your grandmother now or has she in the past been enrolled as Kiowa? You mentioned this was a recent surprise to you. Again, anything is possible, but I ask because the records we're finding have not yet supported a connection to Kiowa. I've also wondered whether there is an ancestor on Ida's husband's side who was Kiowa.
Hope this helps.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|